Micro$oft dumping win 8 in april 2015 (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
although it did some getting used to i have no problem with windows 8 :Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'm enjoying it now I'm used to it-and the Logitech Win8 mouse makes it even easier :thumb: I can access Charm bar,desktop and start menu from mouse buttons.

Mike

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well for me it will be a case of good riddance - to so dramatically alter a product, having set a working module and improved on it over the years struck me as daft - what they have done is akin to producing a new car design with the steering wheel by the left hand side seat the pedals by the right hand seat and the gear stick in the back seat . :Eeek:

Its all there but it makes no logical sense. As has been said so many times windows 8 is a phone system that should have stayed a phone system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I'm enjoying it now I'm used to it-and the Logitech Win8 mouse makes it even easier :thumb: I can access Charm bar,desktop and start menu from mouse buttons.

Mike

Probably any OS with a 'charm bar' should be dumped :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't agree that Windows 8 is a phone system that should have stayed a phone system. A better description would be "an operating system which presents a phone style user interface as the default".

All operating systems need (and have done for years) to be approached for what they are - sophisticated tools not simple menu type systems such as found on a TV or PVR.

As I said on a recent separate thread, setting up Windows 8 to the way I like to use it took me no more effort than it did with Win XP or Win 7.

I agree with Munchie, one just has to learn how it works. Personally I did so in a short session of trying out various machines at our local PC World branch :Smile:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I got Windows 8 after using XP for a very long time. Once I got used to it I reckon it's better than XP, and much more stable.

Rgds
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back