Free Member
May 27, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, has anyone had a towbar fitted to a flash 10 and if so can you recommend a supplier?
If so did anyone actually do the weight calks and find out if the Flash 10 can handle the weight of a scooter?
Any advice welcome before i trundle off to the local weighbridge to check the actual axle weights.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
to calculate the max permitted load click HERE ....then scroll to LDA program, then click 'weight calculator' and enter the fields accurately as required.

To work it out you need to know the actual weight of the rack and fittings plus the weight of the scooter to enter in the 'added load' field.....the rack is also added load, not just the scooter.

Overloading your rear axle is an offence and you will need to unload if stopped by VOSA

Last edited:

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Me too

Hi, has anyone had a towbar fitted to a flash 10 and if so can you recommend a supplier?
If so did anyone actually do the weight calks and find out if the Flash 10 can handle the weight of a scooter?
Any advice welcome before i trundle off to the local weighbridge to check the actual axle weights.

Hi Flash, could you please keep me informed on this as I want to carry a scooter on my Best of 10 when I collect in February.
Thanks,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Flash10

Free Member
May 27, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Chausson Flash 10 has approx 700kg payload so i'm hoping that with the right axle weight limits and loads that it should be ok. Need to confirm it's actual loaded weight and the axle loads on a weigh bridge for actual calculations. No wish to fall foul of the dreaded VOSA!

OP
OP
F

Flash10

Free Member
May 27, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Leeboy, will keep you updated, breaking new ground here as i can't find any real info elsewhere.Is best of 10 on Fiat chassis of Ford Transit?

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Chassis type

Hi Leeboy, will keep you updated, breaking new ground here as i can't find any real info elsewhere.Is best of 10 on Fiat chassis of Ford Transit?

Hi Flash,
it's on the Transit chassis, how about yours?
Regards,
Lee.

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Scooter rack

Hi Yes on a Transit Chassis, we got ours new last July and absolutely love it. I think the Transit might need chassis extensions that bolt on. Take a look at http://www.armitagetrailers.com/motorhomes.htm its quiet informative.

Thanks for the link Flash. I was wondering if it's possible just to fit a scooter rack as I don't require a tow bar, I'm looking at buying a Honda Vision 110cc, it weighs in at 102 kg
Lee.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I am just waiting for a Honda dealer to deliver a new Vision 110 at this moment, I am putting mine in a little unbraked 750kg trailer I tow, some great prices about on new, pre reg and low miles one's at the moment

Dave

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Towbar

Have a look at Watling Towbars, very helpful and then arranged fitting at one of their local agents. Just done my CBT for scooter or motorcycle. Not sure which way to go at the moment. Like the idea of motorcycle but my family aren't happy with Gandad and possibly Gandma on two wheels!

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Thanks for the link Flash. I was wondering if it's possible just to fit a scooter rack as I don't require a tow bar, I'm looking at buying a Honda Vision 110cc, it weighs in at 102 kg
Lee.

Just had a go in my new one..... Brilliant loads of power for a 110cc

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
towbars for post 2012 vans are somewhat difficult as by law the bars now need type approval. not all vans currently have bars available. hope youve checked this before buying the van?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back