Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
First mistake, thought I'd turned lights off but left sidelights on so battery flat. I've charged the battery up but I still can't get passed the immobiliser/alarm, I've asked the previous owner who said he'd had the battery out before with no problem, any ideas please. Thanks Dave

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

Is it a makers or after market fit?

It must be confusing why it does not work, I don't think I have ever had one that does not just reset it self. :Eeek::Eeek:

Mike

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a wild guess.....

It may be (most likely) on a rolling code and the code is out of sync.
Immob is expecting one code and the fob is sending a dfferent one.
How to re-sync...no idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
The fob works the doors etc then you put a code on a pad on the windscreen then turn ignition. When I put the key in and turn I can hear a whir sound, think it might be time to get the recovery out,
Thanks for the replys.
Dave

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The fob works the doors etc then you put a code on a pad on the windscreen then turn ignition. When I put the key in and turn I can hear a whir sound, think it might be time to get the recovery out,
Thanks for the replys.
Dave

that sounds very much like a starter motor fault....sticking pre-engaged bendix.

If you can get to the starter motor give it a good tap with a hammer...usually free's it off unless the solenoid has failed.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
[QUOTE When I put the key in and turn I can hear a whir sound, think it might be time to get the recovery out,

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave I would check the battery voltage, it sounds like it's still flat, the whirring sound is possibly the starter turning over very slowly and not engaging the bedix, some time it can sound like a machine gun that when the solenoid engages and as the starter motor load comes on song the voltage drops and disengages the solenoid, then the cycle repeats it self

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Pappajohn & Ivorantony will check both them out makes you think could be either
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
It must be confusing why it does not work, I don't think I have ever had one that does not just reset it self. :Eeek::Eeek:

Mike

Well noticed no ones called me a idiot yet well that could be about to change. The battery was indeed flat and I did charge it up ok and the immobiliser did reset itself it's just I was putting the wrong code in, before I realised the battery was flat I was doing the correct code but tried another input code then realised flat battery, when the battery was recharged I was still doing the changed (not right) code.
Again thanks for the help and a wee dram to you in the future.
Dave
:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Well it wont be me!

Well noticed no ones called me a idiot yet well that could be about to change. The battery was indeed flat and I did charge it up ok and the immobiliser did reset itself it's just I was putting the wrong code in, before I realised the battery was flat I was doing the correct code but tried another input code then realised flat battery, when the battery was recharged I was still doing the changed (not right) code.
Again thanks for the help and a wee dram to you in the future.
Dave
:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Dave

We have all done something like that before. I am just pleased its all sorted out. :thumb::thumb:

Mike ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back