Wireless reversing sensors.....any good? (1 Viewer)

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
Hi all.Could anyone please advise if wireless reversing sensors are any good and if so recommend any particular one please?Thanks.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Depends on distance from Camera to Screen... and clearway.. (No walls, Cupboards ETC)

Has been spoken before, and the opinion was that hard wired were far superior.. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There was one fitted (above the number plate) on our van when we got it with the monitor fastened with a belt to the sun visor. It worked but was a bit flaky and wasn't one we would have chosen.

We opted to have a proper rear view camera fitted. See Here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do you mean wireless SENSORS, as in small button sensors or reversing camera ?

I would think wireless sensors would suffer the same as a wireless camera....not very good.
May be slightly better as they would send a simpler signal to the control box.

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Reversing sensors are very good, I had them put on my Topaz, 4 at the rear and 2 at the front, they bleeped loudly at certain distances, you do not have a screen with parking sensors, I haven`t got them on present MH at the moment, I am going to have the parking sensors and cameras fitted, as I cannot see out of the back window like I could in the previous one.

Recommended is the Cobra wired ones, I wouldn`t go for wireless, less reliable. I had a switch on the dash so that I switch off the front ones, the rear ones worked when I went into reverse gear, also handy if folk walked at the back of you.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
So what's wrong with 'cruuuunch' .. but I said 'stop', dear

Agreed. I operate mine by voice command. "If your so worried about that Rolls Royce parked behind, then just get out and check while I reverse".

Effortless operation. :thumb:

williamb

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I bought a set from eBay had them on for three years been great for money(£20) would get another set if I wanted some.:thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Possibly, didn`t try them.

If you are on your own as I am most of the time, no good asking the dog to get out and tell me if it is clear. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You're such a smooth talker Dave :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ahhhh yes, but I didn't finish Graham. The word 'reverse' is followed by a 'THWHAKKKKK'. sound, I'm looking at the 'sky at night', and there's a really strange ringing in my ears.
Then I hear, as if in the far distance......"If MY MOTHER heard you speaking to me like that".........Followed by unconsciousness. :cry::cry:

Hence, I have today ordered a reversing camera. :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
My personal opinion is that parking SENSORS (like theOP asked about) are OK but never as reliable as a rear view camera. Sensors are prone to give false indications over rough ground or grass for example, cameras do not, what you can see doesn't lie! Wireless systems are notoriously unreliable when talking about camera systems, wireless sensors? I don't know but wouldn't want to risk the rear of a multi tens of thousands pounds worth of motorhome for the sake of a few hundred quid or so. A motorhome, even an old and relatively cheap one will cost several thousand pounds, is it really not worth investing a few hundred more in a reliable hard wired rear view system?

D.

OP
OP
colyoung

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
My personal opinion is that parking SENSORS (like theOP asked about) are OK but never as reliable as a rear view camera. Sensors are prone to give false indications over rough ground or grass for example, cameras do not, what you can see doesn't lie! Wireless systems are notoriously unreliable when talking about camera systems, wireless sensors? I don't know but wouldn't want to risk the rear of a multi tens of thousands pounds worth of motorhome for the sake of a few hundred quid or so. A motorhome, even an old and relatively cheap one will cost several thousand pounds, is it really not worth investing a few hundred more in a reliable hard wired rear view system?

D.

thanks for that Dave.I suppose some cameras are better than others?Can you recommend a good quality one to replace the one which came on my van,as I suspect it is a budget type.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
silly sticks

Will the sensors detect the Caravan Club "silly sticks" ? :winky:

There is a procedure for dealing with these. Park up on you pitch as you wish, exit the motorhome and pull silly stick marker post from the ground (having checked the coast is clear. Now re plant the silly stick in a position so that your motorhome complies with the rules.

If challenged dewy all knowledge insisting that it is the responsibility of the the warden (Or whatever bloody stupid name they happen to be calling them the moment) to ensure silly sticks are in the correct place before allowing use of the pitch.

Alternatively park motorhome, remove silly stick from ground and secrete same in nearest undergrowth.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
r that Dave.I suppose some cameras are better than others?Can you recommend a good quality one to replace the one which came on my van,as I suspect it is a budget type.[/QUOTE]

Hi Col, Yes there are a wide vriety of camera systems out there, some very cheap and some very good. There is some truth in the old chinese proverb "cheap no good, good no cheap". We supply and install Camos systems which have proved to be very good quality and very reliable, tere are other good brands out there too.

If you would like a quote for a system give us a call on Monday on 0one952 5eight7702 (stops the robots reading the number) to discuss your requiremnents.

Cheers, D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back