Hymer 12 volt supply (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi, I am going to add a 12 volt distribution point to my Hymer B644 (rear lounge configuration) does anyone know an easy place I can pick up from an existing 12v wire near the kitchen or wardrobe area. I know I may have to run a wire to the dashboard if I can't find one but it would be tidier if I pick up from the middle of the Hymer. Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thank's
Mike:thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi, I am going to add a 12 volt distribution point to my Hymer B644 (rear lounge configuration) does anyone know an easy place I can pick up from an existing 12v wire near the kitchen or wardrobe area. I know I may have to run a wire to the dashboard if I can't find one but it would be tidier if I pick up from the middle of the Hymer. Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thank's

I ran wires to a 12 volt distribution from the leisure batteries. Quite easy to hide the wires in the under seat lockers, and no chance of depleting the starter battery.

Mike

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Thank's

It rather depends on what use you intend to make of the new supply. If it's for lighting or a phone charger (for example) you can use any existing feed. If it's for a vacuum cleaner or an invertor you'll need a new heavy cable with its own fuse. I have the B584. For a medium duty supply you could use the electric step supply if the door is where mine is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I too ran an independent supply from the leisure bank, independently fused, for use at the front, for lap top charging etc.

Has the 584 got a media cupboard over the fridge? If so there is a 12volt supply in it that could be used for light use, such as phone charging etc, but I agree, if heavy use, then heavier wire direct from the leisure batteries.

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks

Thank you for the fast replies, there is a media cupboard above the fridge, the 12v power supply accessory socket is mounted on the back wall & I can just get my fingers in behind & feel the retaining nut. I can't get anything to in to undo it though. Does anyone know where the wire goes or any ideas how I can undo the socket?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back