Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We will be holding our annual “Highland Gathering” from Thursday 22<SUP>nd</SUP> May – Monday 26<SUP>th</SUP> May on our field 12 miles from Inverness & 10 miles from Loch Ness at IV2 6XD. There are local buses to Inverness and Whitebridge (bring your bus pass!) and we are close to RSPB reserve at Loch Ruthven. Culloden Battlefield and Cairngorms National Park are an easy drive away. Optional activities will probably include Barbeques, bonfire, a trip to the Dores Inn, and possibly a themed evening (sensible suggestions welcome). The event is free but we do ask for generous donations to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team who go out in all weathers to help those in trouble in our mountains. More detail will follow nearer the time, but in the mean time let me know if you are interested. If you can’t make this one there will also be a minimeet later in the summer.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Count us in please. How about a ceilidh?

You're in:thumb:
I have tried on many occasions to get people to bring musical instruments - but spectacularly failed. But will try again. What do you play?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Sounds fun

Sounds fun - but being very pedantic, my ENGLISH bus pass might as well be a chocolate teapot in Scotland - i.e. useless!

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
would love to come but unfortunately we will be down beside Coventry as my daughter is due a baby at the end of May, maybe next time, hope you all enjoy the meet
Ron

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
No worries (Aussie Pom chat)

Sounds fun - but being very pedantic, my ENGLISH bus pass might as well be a chocolate teapot in Scotland - i.e. useless!

The drivers here never check the pics, as usually passes inside wallets. So just get one on hire from one of us, freeloading, cheapskate, freebie Scots.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
would love to come but unfortunately we will be down beside Coventry as my daughter is due a baby at the end of May, maybe next time, hope you all enjoy the meet
Ron

Will probably be having a minimeet in August, date will be confirmed when I start a thread for it, maybe you will be able to make that one. Hope all goes well with your daughter and her baby.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Highland Gathering

Hi magrin.
Can you book us in provisionally. As newbies. We have not even had a trip out yet in the motorhome. We are currently having some extras fitted & will be having a couple of weekends to get use to all the whistles & flutes. If all goes well, we would love to attend & meet other members. Will confirm ASAP.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Magrin we shall be away in May but eagerly await date of summer meet; try and arrange a weekend when the sun shines and the wind is down to gale force (Possible August bank holiday weekend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Norman

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Suggestion

AS it is the 700th Anniversary of Bannockburn, why not have an us v them night, with board games a quiz, etc etc. Winning team gets whisky then more whisky, till we have a last man or woman standing competition.
Obviously games can be upgraded, till it becomes silly, but FUN.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi magrin. Could you definitely include us in on the gathering 22nd to 26th. Let us know what is required (if anything) beforehand. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Bill & eileen.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Just back from wedding in Cardiff and collecting new van conversion (so if anyone is interested in the old one let me know!), and a bit of holiday in Wales and the Peak District, thrown in.

New Dawn - you're booked in.

jimire - dogs are very welcome, and indeed any pets - have had cats and ferrets along with numerous dogs. Children can come too:Smile:

Trikimiki - I'll put you down to bring a quiz and a Bottle:whatthe:

normanandsue - the sun always shines at Brin, and the wind is always down to gale force, the wind turbine has worked wonders this winter:roflmto:

more details and date for August coming soon.

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
highland gathering

a provisional yes for 2 old fogies. jt:thumb::Blush::Blush:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Bump! Highland gathering 22nd - 26th May

Time is passing, daylight lengthening and we even had our first BBQ at the weekend. Thoughts now turning to the Gathering.
We have over 20 vans signed up, from various forums. More will be welcome, but if we reach 30 we may need to call a halt.
Plans underway for usual trip/s to Dores Inn. We will need drivers for the minibus. All I need is copies of both parts of driving licence - before you arrive.
Any volunteers?
More detail will follow in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Details

Details

Only a month to go! Numbers are good (20+) but there are still spaces. Please confirm that you are coming as soon as possible.

Directions: 7 miles off A9 on B851 heading towards Fort Augustus. Right hand side. Old School & Schoolhouse opposite Brin More Farmhouse. IV2 6XD.

Other details:

Dores Inn: We have the use of the community minibus for the weekend. But we will need drivers to make use of it for our trips to Dores. Let me know if you want to go to Dores Inn (numbers may be limited), and if you are willing to drive. (I will need copies of your driving licence before you arrive)

Barbeque: Bring some food to cook on the communal BBQs and share.

Themed evening: One evening we will have a Mediterranean evening - cook/prepare one dish to share that reminds you of your holiday in the Med (I am planning Med type weather for the w/e) - From Spanish to Greek or Moroccan to Corsican.

Shelter: Just in case the weather is not as ordered, does anyone have any shelter they can bring?

We do not charge for this event. We will have a working party (a bit of useful outside work to help get over your hangover) on the Sunday morning, for anyone willing and able, and please remember to give generously to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue team. Last year we raised over £500 in total for them.

Looking forward to seeing you all next month

Margaret

PS. All activities are optional:winky:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Roll Call

Time is marching on (and I will be away all next week) and I still await final confirmations from the following peeps. I hope you are still coming.

It would be helpful to know the following:

How many of you there are

When you expect to arrive and depart

If you want to join the trip to Dores Inn (and go on the bus)

and if you are willing to drive the minibus. No drivers, no trip

Jays
Richnlynne
Roamingman
kernewek
Passingplaces
GinaRon
ducato
Tricia
norman64
user1
Irnbru
New Dawn
jimire
jaytee74
stepps110
metblue
ardgour
patp
Julian Pike
jagmanx
Confirmed bookings:
magbrin
Georgieporgie
exwindsurfer
oak
andrewball1000
nightman

If I have missed you, or if you haven’t yet signed up – please let me know.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Margaret. Just to confirm we are coming. Should arrive Fri morning and leave Sunday. There will be 2 or 3 of us plus the dog. I can bring the gazebo again if your stuck for cover?

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
As a complete newbie, could we come along too? Have just talked to my co-conspiritor and he has saved the time off. :winky:

johnandsue

Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Since 2012
We will be holding our annual “Highland Gathering” from Thursday 22<SUP>nd</SUP> May – Monday 26<SUP>th</SUP> May on our field 12 miles from Inverness & 10 miles from Loch Ness at IV2 6XD. There are local buses to Inverness and Whitebridge (bring your bus pass!) and we are close to RSPB reserve at Loch Ruthven. Culloden Battlefield and Cairngorms National Park are an easy drive away. Optional activities will probably include Barbeques, bonfire, a trip to the Dores Inn, and possibly a themed evening (sensible suggestions welcome). The event is free but we do ask for generous donations to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team who go out in all weathers to help those in trouble in our mountains. More detail will follow nearer the time, but in the mean time let me know if you are interested. If you can’t make this one there will also be a minimeet later in the summer.

Hi,

Count us in:Smile:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Irnbru! count yourselves in, Morrigan & Johnandsue.
Away in wild and windy Westrn Isles will reply more fully on our return.

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
It is not going to be possible for me to make this rally now, I'm sorry. My mother is coming to live with me when she is discharged from hospital in the next few days and is too frail at present to go a travelling. :Sad:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry you won't make it Morrigan.

Back from an amazing trip in the Western Isles and now only 10 days to go, and weather is warming up nicely. Still a few peeps have not responded to the roll call, but we have about 15 vans coming, possibly more, so expecting a good weekend. So far only one trip to Dores Inn, but if there is more interest we have drivers to do a second trip - thanks to the volunteer drivers.

Will post again soon with some reminders, but in the mean time all the best and safe travels
Margaret

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi Margaret, could you put me down for the meet. I would arrive Friday afternoon, and return home Monday if that's ok...
regards andy

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
hi Margaret, could you put me down for the meet. I would arrive Friday afternoon, and return home Monday if that's ok...
regards andy

Hi, Andy
You're in. Look forward to meeting you.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
thanks Margaret, likewise looking forward to meeting you all.
fix it meet the following wk was going to be my first meet but then I saw yours ::bigsmile: and fancied the journey.... touring Scotland is on my list of must do one day so ill get the feel for it with this meet.
thanks again ... and see you soon. andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back