Stupot

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi we have a 2007 swift kontiki 669, on our last outing to France last year our two kids were complaining of a whistling noise coming From behind them around the fridge area, (Thetford fridge), has anybody experienced this or similar,? Is there a cure?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Seems to be inbuilt.

The ’van generates a lot of on-road habitation noise, particularly in the kitchen area, even though we removed the pans and noise-dampened the hob’s glass lid.

Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Whistling around the fridge area could be slipstream coming in through fridge vent, if fridge is on, dont block it !

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stupot

Stupot

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi yes had seen that article, wondered if the fridge vents had a modification that could be done

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Hi we have a 2007 swift kontiki 669, on our last outing to France last year our two kids were complaining of a whistling noise coming From behind them around the fridge area, (Thetford fridge), has anybody experienced this or similar,? Is there a cure?

Probably poor seals around the back of the fridge as usual.
Welcome to the madhouse! :thumb:

OP
OP
Stupot

Stupot

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks Peter, do you think putting a strip on sealer down the fridge cabinet from overhead lockers to the floor would help?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Peter, do you think putting a strip on sealer down the fridge cabinet from overhead lockers to the floor would help?

You might be better off to try and take the vent cover off and have a look inside, you may find the foam rubber seal has either deteriorated or fallen off, if in doubt give Ian a call on 01-580-881288 option 3 and speak to him.

Now you need to Link Removed << here, to be able to continue posting and get the best out of being a member on Fun:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
Stupot

Stupot

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks for the advice Peter, I have just subscribed, I already subscribe to your youtube posts they are very useful too,

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You know, I think you have just answered a question I have never managed to get an answer to up till know..

About 3 years ago we was at Lincoln show.
There was a Swift there that had what was to me, a REALLY odd mod.. At least I reckoned it was a mod but it all looked sort of original

You know the gutter ( poor description .. it aint a gutter, more a wee thing moulding to stop water getting in the top of the door.. seen them with and without lights fitted in them ) that goes over the hab door on many models.. well there was two fitted on the side of the van, just forward of the fridge vents..
I reckon that had been done to cure the wind issue !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stupot

Stupot

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I bought the fiamma door gutter going to try it see what happens,
Cheers Stu

You know, I think you have just answered a question I have never managed to get an answer to up till know..

About 3 years ago we was at Lincoln show.
There was a Swift there that had what was to me, a REALLY odd mod.. At least I reckoned it was a mod but it all looked sort of original

You know the gutter ( poor description .. it aint a gutter, more a wee thing moulding to stop water getting in the top of the door.. seen them with and without lights fitted in them ) that goes over the hab door on many models.. well there was two fitted on the side of the van, just forward of the fridge vents..
I reckon that had been done to cure the wind issue !

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Not that it is of much help, we have the same model and year, never noticed any noise from that area.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back