Free Member
Oct 26, 2013
Sth Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone have any experience of buying from this dealer and what there after sales service is like please?

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We went to them in Sept, said they would call us on the Monday. Still waiting to hear from them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I got my van from Marquis a couple of years ago. They fixed the failed step under warranty without any problems but were so utterly hopeless at providing the missing carpets that I simply gave up and had some made. It was cheaper than going back to them.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We bought our van from Simpsons of Gt Yarmouth, a good experience, no hassle or hard sell, aftercare has been good too, Brindley or Steve are great salesman, I would certainly go there again to buy another van.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have used marquis for a good few years now because of their 10 outlets.
Being full timers it's useful to us as we can use any of their outlets for warranty issues of which there have been many!
They will always book you in to fix the van but you usually have to go back for the same problem which would have cost lots of money in diesel as they don't offer that back.
Their 3 year warranty on any van is useful too, as long as you keep the service records up to date.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We bought our van from Simpsons of Gt Yarmouth, a good experience, no hassle or hard sell, aftercare has been good too, Brindley or Steve are great salesman, I would certainly go there again to buy another van.

Quite agree. We bought both our vans from Simpsons, Greg was 'our' salesman both times and was very polite, helpful and most importantly non-pushy.

We have had one or two problems with both vans, nothing major but had faults rectified without hassle.

You hear so many tales of woe about problems with dodgy dealers I think if you find a good one its worth going back again.

Paul

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We bought our 1st motorhome from Simpsons & they were very good including after sales.
We used Marquis Ipswich for after sales warranty work, which was good. We then used them for a habitation check, and they blew up the leisure battery!!

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Like many large retailers, when things are going well they are excellent. When things go sour it is very difficult to get to the top of the pyramid. I prefer shopping were I can deal with the boss if needed.
There are some good examples of such companies on here with excellent track records in customer relations.

Just read the following, it is a perfect example:

Marquis motorhomes INFO

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You will get personal service from a small family owned dealership unlike the majors and big boys where you are just a notch on the salesmans headboard and a tick on his commission sheet.

Been proven many times over in all sorts of industries

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back