X250 Dash Switches not working (1 Viewer)

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Went out to the M/H this morning to check everything OK, ran the engine, moved it a little on driveway, checked lights etc, then found that the switches below the heater controls not working, none of them, heated mirror, rear fog, hazards and central locking, the hazards should come on in any condition, but they are not although the indicators are OK, earth strap at the battery under floor checked OK, relevant fuses checked, and as far as I could tell, all OK.
The switches do light up dimly if you operate them with the ignition on, maybe the switch panel itself, who knows??

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
sounds like connecting block loose, if you lift mat out of cup holder there is a screw, remove this I think switch panel will lift out and you can check wiring.

hope this helps

Eric:Smile:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
sounds like connecting block loose, if you lift mat out of cup holder there is a screw, remove this I think switch panel will lift out and you can check wiring.

hope this helps

I located the screw, previously unknown to me, prized the panel off, wiggled the connector and all now working OK, a little electrical contact cleaner , sorted, Many thanks :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Great

Nothing to do with me but I read this and thought, simple question about a fault that would cause some consternation. Striaghtforward answer from someone who knows what they are talking about. Job Done.

That's the beauty of "Fun" great! Doesn't get better than that.:Smile:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Nothing to do with me but I read this and thought, simple question about a fault that would cause some consternation. Striaghtforward answer from someone who knows what they are talking about. Job Done.

That's the beauty of "Fun" great! Doesn't get better than that.:Smile:[/QUOTE

I agree totally, if you don't know, there's usually someone who does, worth the:thumb: subs alone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back