Scottish borders or thereabouts please (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Why oh why are all the meets too far south. Please can we have one near the Scottish borders. Been to one meet so far and loved it but the rest seem all too far away to travel especially trying to juggle the distance around work.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Yep, sounds like a good idea, count us in too. Either Borders or West Yorkshire is great, would prefer West Yorks though..........:thumb: Maybe we'll meet more than four Funsters this year:roflmto:

Margaret & Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I would love it but my other half would hate it maybe one day could persuade him to give a meet a try. :Sad:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I have attended a mini meet that was held in central Fife with the Niesmann + Bischoff owners club. The site chosen had electric hook up, water and waste disposal but no showers. There is a good restaurant on site and there are coastal walks and a regular bus service into St. Andrews.

If enough people were interested I would be happy to try and organise a mini meet.

Norman

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes great idea, butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :winky: all meets are organised by members, so just find somewhere to have it, post on here and funsters will come.:thumb:

You don't want anywhere that demands a fee, or any up front money. :whatthe::Smile:

The meets we organised were behind a pub, and only had room for 20 motorhomes, the landlord was happy with any amount that came, and even happier when they when into the pub for a drink or even a meal as many did. :thumb:

So who is going to be the first funster to get the ball rolling. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Yes great idea, butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :winky: all meets are organised by members, so just find somewhere to have it, post on here and funsters will come.:thumb:

You don't want anywhere that demands a fee, or any up front money. :whatthe::Smile:

The meets we organised were behind a pub, and only had room for 20 motorhomes, the landlord was happy with any amount that came, and even happier when they when into the pub for a drink or even a meal as many did. :thumb:

So who is going to be the first funster to get the ball rolling. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Hi Bob expect you to be first on the list (Don't say its too far :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have attended a mini meet that was held in central Fife with the Niesmann + Bischoff owners club. The site chosen had electric hook up, water and waste disposal but no showers. There is a good restaurant on site and there are coastal walks and a regular bus service into St. Andrews.

If enough people were interested I would be happy to try and organise a mini meet.

Norman

Hi Norman

Did the N&B meet and enjoyed the area, so would attend and then do a bit more of Scotland depending on timing of course.

Martin (Vanroyce on N&B)

Last edited:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000

Norman

:thumb:
Wow ...............Scotland brilliant.....................late September early October even better.

''Please sort it and they will come''.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

Norman

That would be great Norman but would need to be sometime before the middle of August as we will then be taking our 1st trip over the tunnel:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Bob expect you to be first on the list (Don't say its too far :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Hi, we ventured to Scotland at the end of August, but as we spend half our time overseas it takes more planning. :winky: We will be heading in the wrong direction. :roflmto:
But don't worry you will not be alone. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
We would also be interested in something nearer home but it would need to be in the school holidays for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back