Caravan & Camping Show 2014 Birmingham - where to stay? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Just looked at the site for parking at the Caravan & camping show in Birmingham Feb 2014 and it's £30 a night:Eeek:
Anyone been before & found a good place nearby that would be cheaper?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've stayed at both Chapel Lane and Warwick Racecourse sites for NEC shows in the past. I believe there are also C&CC sites plus CSs/CLs not too far away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

4Star

Free Member
Sep 15, 2013
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Kingsbury Water Park, Camping & Caravan Club site no more than 10 minutes away, just off junction 10, M42. Web site shows motorhome stop off fee of £7.10.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Horse & Jockey at Bentley? Not sure of opening times though.

Would have thought its only 15 mins tops to nec. Via Coleshill

Link Removed

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Kingsbury Water Park, Camping & Caravan Club site no more than 10 minutes away, just off junction 10, M42. Web site shows motorhome stop off fee of £7.10.

The MH stop-off fee is only to do your services etc for 3 hours max, not to stop overnight I'm afraid.

An increasing number of Club Sites now offer a stop-off facility to use Motorhome Service Points.

For just £7.10 all Club Members can....

Fill up with fresh water
Drain waste etc
Use all site facilities for up to three hours

This service is available for Club Members who need to use the Motorhome Service Point without a pitch booking.

There's a CL not that far away, I'll see if I can find it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we go we use a CL a few miles east from the NEC at Meriden, just the basics but nice and quiet and easy to get to as it's just along the A45. I think it's this one:

Cooperage Farm, Old Road, Meriden, Coventry, West Midlands, CV7 7JP

GPS Co-ordinates: 52.43573792 / -1.631345967

"From Stonebridge Island turn off A45 (sp Coventry) turn L onto B4102 (sp Meriden) at T-junc turn R onto Maxstoke Lane at rndabt turn L onto B4104 (sp Meriden) cont over next rndabt turn L past Meriden Hotel into Old Rd. Site on L in 100yds"

I've taken the above info of the web so please check the exact location when you booking with them although the below photo is mine and is EXACTLY where it is located.

Attachments

• NEC - cooperage farm meriden.jpg
    NEC - cooperage farm meriden.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/77524-caravan-camping-show-2014-birmingh

We stay in brooms grove for 2 nights Friday night we arrive have a nice meal in pub and then bed in the morning we drive for 20 mins to show as it's free parking spend the day at the show and then back to the pub a nice meals one or two drinks ,bed and drive home in the morning free camping at its best spent 30 quid for 2 lovely meals inc drinks .the name of the pub is bowling green inn in bromsgrove .paul is the landlord really nice guy been staying there for around 15 years now .give it a try .:ROFLMAO:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Ignorance is not bliss...But is this THE show for motorhomes or should I be looking at another date?::Doh:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
too expensive

Just looked at the site for parking at the Caravan & camping show in Birmingham Feb 2014 and it's £30 a night:Eeek:
Anyone been before & found a good place nearby that would be cheaper?
that's far too expensive for that I would want evening meal and breakfast thrown in .theres a site nearby or park on the street if you have to but don't go paying them silly prices regards steve

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Lots and lots pay them silly prices.
We have had to for the last 2 years cos we had a dog and could come out at lunch time to see to her with the free bus shuttle and then go back to the show.
We would have used a local cheaper one if we didn't have a dog but lots of people DO pay that money every year.
Some days you can't get in it's so full!
I agree though much too expensive for a pitch on a car park.
The entertainment and cafe is quite good though.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Reindeer Park Lodge is just off junction 9 of the M42, 5 miles down the motorway to the NEC - we had friends use it a few years ago.
Link Removed

Places like Banbury and Leamington Spa to the south can access Birmingham International Railway Station without a change, we live locally and go to the NEC on the train to avoid the car parks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back