Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Have you named your motor home and if so what inspired it?
We took delivery of our first van on the 20th anniversary of my Mums death, so we named her after her - Winnie.
Our next van was much smaller so she became Minnie Winnie.
We have had our present van since May and as yet have not given her a name. I feel she needs one !
Do you just call yours the van or the moho or are you a bit soft like us ?:RollEyes:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I have started a journal

http://worldismylobster.moonfruit.com/

and kept writing about the "bus" which was difficult to type and he suddenly metamorphosed in to Thebus which I feel has a Grecian ring rather like my travelling companion Phoebe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Our old Kon-Tiki was affectionately known as Connie,,,,, for the obvious reason, but it also seemed right.

Our current one is just either 'van' 'boogibus' 'MoHo' or 'money pit' at the moment. As it's an Apache there's no real link to a name (other than Geronimo) :Eeek: - sometimes I have heard myself call her AnƱa (as in Anya) when on a very steep hill, as in "Come on AnƱa, you can do it, you can do it girl"............
:roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I have been trying for the past 12 months to come up with a name. Quasimodo is the best I can manage because it has a big lump on the roof! When we first travelled in it the pots and pans fell out of the cupboard so I christened it the Tinkers Van. None of these names stick ...... It is still called the Van :whatthe:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Our last one was called Zippy - there's a thread that explains why, we'll name the new one when we get it in March.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Despite my plate ending in FOC ours is called saphire because we bought it for our anniversary.
Dave. :thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I find some vehicles lend themselves naturally to being named. Others don't.

And there's no logic or reason to it. I don't consciously name my cars.

So, for example, our 41 year-old Series III Land Rover is called Toby because his registration starts with TPB. It just happened and we decided on the name before we collected him from the seller.

Our other three cars are unnamed. They're just known by their model names.

Yet my RMB was called 'Udo' before we collected him. This was because the seller was a chap called Udo and the name kind of stuck. It fits perfectly.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nobby because of it's registration Number KN08
:thumb:

I suspect your good lady puts it down to the driver rather than the registration number.

Bet she shortens it too.

KNO8

::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you named your motor home and if so what inspired it?
We took delivery of our first van on the 20th anniversary of my Mums death, so we named her after her - Winnie.
Our next van was much smaller so she became Minnie Winnie.
We have had our present van since May and as yet have not given her a name. I feel she needs one !

Arrived in May? perhaps Winnie-May or Minnie-May?

Ours is nameless. :Sad:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Naming the camper

Our previous one was known as Thistledew, because it did.
The current one is Thistledew Too ---- for exactly the same reason!

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have been [HI]trying for the past 12 months to come up with a name[/HI]. Quasimodo is the best I can manage because it has a big lump on the roof! When we first travelled in it the pots and pans fell out of the cupboard so I christened it the Tinkers Van. None of these names stick ...... It is still called the Van :whatthe:

Surely you should call it "Brian" the most famous snail from the magic roundabout. :thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ours is called 'Doris', after my lovely mother in law.....*spit* There are certain similarities. It's old, makes a lot of noise when you put your foot down, has a split suspension air bag, goes quite slow up steep hills, and it hates me. :cry:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I suspect your good lady puts it down to the driver rather than the registration number.

[HI]Bet she shortens it too.

KNO8[/HI]

::bigsmile:

Thanks [STRIKE]treacle [/STRIKE]sorry Chris. Because it's quite large and frightens her a little she does occasionally call it Big Nobby, so you might be onto something.......:Tongue1:

Just sold my wife's car yesterday the number of which was GO** OBB, affectionately known as Gobby, just don't remind her. :thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our first van, a VW was called Chuggavan, because we chugged everywhere at 50. Second VW was also called Chuggavan!
We then had a Ford CI which we didn't name, and now this one, which is just called Vanny!
Original or what?
Allan

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
""RUBY"" for obvious reasons:thumb:

Not sure.

Your name is Murray?
You were in Ruby Battery, Royal Dropshorts?
You really enjoy a curry?

Or have I missed something I should have seen, making me (again) a first rate tool? :winky:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Car 2 cars ago called Farther coz plate - - - AFR , last van Lola coz was aTrannie, new one not sure yet but plate is SZZ but wife is Sue.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I meant to say Arther,must rember to check before posting:ROFLMAO:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
My friend calls it the Tobbago, I 've been thinking Bertie Burstner and relations call it The Beast ...,

My first ever car a white mini was Harry, my second Henry and my third mini a green and white one with full original john cooper conversion was Freddie after Freddie Mercury ... He was a real fun machine but he was stolen by kids who played a type of snooker and " potted " him down a quarry .... Naming him had made everything very personal so maybe its not such a good thing cry: still wish I had him ....

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Ours is called Gretie not sure why as our motorhome is a lovely Italian lady. In fact when we are traveling we often say there are a lot of Gretires on the road.:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ours is called :swear: but when it is running it's called daffy the dethleffs
don't know why the wee-man picked it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun