Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
By the seaside
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Executive
Exp
Hi there

We are buying this year, with a view to full timing after a practice year! So many motor homes to choose from, feeling apprehensive about making the right choice on a limited budget. Would love to receive any advice, experiences with dealers or buying privately. Oh forgot to say thinking a Hymer A class might be the one for us but would need to be an older model so again any advice would be great, have just bought a great book from the site really informative.

Many thanks
⛽

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The old Hymers are possibly the best MHs ever build for comfort inside, but always subject to condition.

Our glorious leader, Jim 'Moses' Brown, spends a good part of the year tending his flock in his Hymer.

OP
OP
Jaylee

Jaylee

Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
By the seaside
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Executive
Exp
Thank you

Thank you Hilldweller, we've been researching for a few months and will visit some of the shows early in the year to see more models in one visit. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome aboard and good luck with the search. Plenty of good advice is available right here......... you only have to ask.

Regards, Bryan

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN the best site for any questions you may have, you will soon find that the £10.00 subscription will be the best money you have ever spent. :thumb:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome. If you are looking for info on motor homes you are certainly in the right place. No question is silly as you will always get an answer. ( might get a bit of ribbing as well though):Smile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Jaylee, Just to say Pilote A class the old galaxy's are very similar in there layouts etc and in my opinion are on a par with the Hymer's, When I first wanted a Hymer I couldn't find extactly what I needed, then found the Galaxy 27 1998 , kept her 7 years not one problem in that time a part from servicing each 2 years , then changed to an autocruise starfire had that for 2 years now gone back to a Pilote Reference 622 virtually the same as before but 2006 model ,can't fault them.
:sin: Terry :sin:

OP
OP
Jaylee

Jaylee

Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
By the seaside
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Executive
Exp
Thank you

Hi Terry

I noticed a couple of Pilotes on eBay, they looked really spacious will check these out as well as Hymers, thank you for the advice.

Jayne :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank you Hilldweller, we've been researching for a few months and will visit some of the shows early in the year to see more models in one visit. :thumb:

You'll waste months. Grab a camera and go hunting around the dealers on the 2nd.

Show are where people get excited and pay too much.

Though there is a show in Manchester just about now.

OP
OP
Jaylee

Jaylee

Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
By the seaside
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Executive
Exp
Manchester show

Happy new year
Thank you for the good advice I'll search the Manchester show as we live in east Yorkshire, would not have thought to take a camera I think there's a hymer dealer near Sheffield as well, excited but trying to put my sensible head on! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back