Outdoor locker door retaining straps (1 Viewer)

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
My new van hasn't got any retaining straps on the drop down locker doors on the outside of the van lwhich the other van did have.I like to have these because the locker door can be held at about 90 degrees and make a table like shelf which is great for standing light objects on.Trouble is I can't remember how the straps were fitted on my previous van,even though I had it for 5 years!Could any kind person post a picture of how these are fitted please,so I can see what bits I need and what and where to fit.Many thanks in advance.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
be careful....the door construction may not be strong enough to take fixing screws.
if factory fitted there may have been a strengthening batten built into the door.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a couple of lengths of plug chain screwed to the door and inner wall would do the job

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I used plug chain and it makes a useful table for a cup or two of coffee in a layby. You do need to spread the load a bit as the inner skin on the locker will not be strong enough just to have a single screw hook or whatever. The inner skin on mine is GRP covered aluminium but some are just hardboard and so even weaker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back