Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
Im looking at buying some second hand seats for the front of my van that I am currently renovating. Am I right in saying the ones to look for are Sedona middle rows as there are a couple on ebay I am currently watching.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
base vehicle make and model and converter model?

driver/passenger seats or hab seating ?

need a lot more info.

Last edited:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Im looking at buying some second hand seats for the front of my van that I am currently renovating. Am I right in saying the ones to look for are Sedona middle rows as there are a couple on ebay I am currently watching.

Merc seats are popular, as it is easy to find leather and they often have built in seatbelts, but it depends on what you are putting them into.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes the Sedona seats have built in swivels :thumb: along with Espace seats:Smile: Easy to get them covered to match the rest of your seating :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
L

Lisett

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
the seats are replacements for the drivers and passengers and not for any self builds. It is an 89 kontiki and Im updating the interior. The current seats are a bit too soft now and the replacements dont need to be brand new just in good condition.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes the Sedona seats have built in swivels :thumb: along with Espace seats:Smile: Easy to get them covered to match the rest of your seating :thumb:
terry
maybe so Terry....but what do they fit ?
the op has left no info as to the base or converter except its a C class.
I thought Sedona middle row, which is what the op was suggesting, were a simply see-saw seat back rest to face fore or aft.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
maybe so Terry....but what do they fit ?
the op has left no info as to the base or converter except its a C class.
I thought Sedona middle row, which is what the op was suggesting, were a simply see-saw seat back rest to face fore or aft.

Nope they swivel and with a little MODIFIYING can possibly be made to fit any MH :thumb:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have fitted volvo seats and merc seats to a ducato base but used a generic type swivel base with redrilled holes to make it simple. kia sedona, renault espace, ford and seat alhambra are all good options with swivels already fitted, but you will likely need to bolt a converter plate to the bottom

i suggest going to a vehicle breakers yard and try them for comfort first. as a general rule large saloon cars have softer seats. the more sporty ones are firmer but hold you well. whatever you fit, inform your insurer

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Nope they swivel and with a little MODIFIYING can possibly be made to fit any MH :thumb:
terry

must have upgraded on newer models.

we had a Sedona as a crew bus at work and the middle row were as I described.

that was quite a few years ago though when fuel was cheap (19mpg at best)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ERRR WHY ? if you cannot fit the seats right then I suggest you leave well alone ::bigsmile:
terry

because the vehicle has been changed from standard spec.

one question from insurers when requesting a quote....has the vehicle been altered or modified.....that can even mean something as simple as replacing the wheels with aftermarket ones.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So you are saying that anyone who fits a aftermarket radio /tv or anything has no insurance :Smile:---Us self builders bypass this question by saying self build -implies you have changed all sorts and added lots :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
the seats are replacements for the drivers and passengers and not for any self builds. It is an 89 kontiki and Im updating the interior. The current seats are a bit too soft now and the replacements dont need to be brand new just in good condition.

If they're just too soft, had you considered having someone like Tappers* re-upholster them...?

:Smile:

*other upholsterers are available

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lisett

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
Well just bought a couple of Sedona seats. Looking forward to fitting/swearing them into place and seeing if the gamble has paid off. Thanks guys for all the help and advice.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So you are saying that anyone who fits a aftermarket radio /tv or anything has no insurance :Smile:---Us self builders bypass this question by saying self build -implies you have changed all sorts and added lots :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

a radio is an accessory....seats are not.

some insurers even class a towbar as a modification as it alters the structural rigidity and crumple zones of the vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back