Water ingress in Ford transit footwell (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Just ran into another transit owner in Avignon who footwell was totally soaked. I had this problem and found that the condensation pipe from the aircon through the firewall into the engine space (where it is supposed to drip harmlessly to the ground) was too short and the water was being absorbed by the insulation and heading south, inside the cab to the footwell, courtesy of our friend gravitation. I extended the pipe a couple of inches beyond the firewall and haven't had the problem since.
Ponyboy

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
had the identical problem with my car so its common:thumb:

janandleon

Free Member
Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
One
That Avignon couple.

Hi Ponyboy,

We are that couple you met in Avignon. Well, it's Jan here at least, as Leon has gone surfing. We acted on your suggestion when we got back to London and had the pipe extended. Had to return to Australia then, so it is too early to tell whether it has fixed the problem yet. We are currently back in Melbourne (and have just acted on your suggestion of joining this site - thank you ) and plan to head from London down through France, Spain and Portugal to Morocco in August - November. I have ordered the Moroccan camping guide from the website that you suggested so am looking forward to that delivery. Hope you are both well and look forward to chatting in the future.

Cheers, Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Ponyboy,

We are that couple you met in Avignon. Well, it's Jan here at least, as Leon has gone surfing. We acted on your suggestion when we got back to London and had the pipe extended. Had to return to Australia then, so it is too early to tell whether it has fixed the problem yet. We are currently back in Melbourne (and have just acted on your suggestion of joining this site - thank you ) and plan to head from London down through France, Spain and Portugal to Morocco in August - November. I have ordered the Moroccan camping guide from the website that you suggested so am looking forward to that delivery. Hope you are both well and look forward to chatting in the future.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Janandleon,
Welcome to Motorhomefun :welcomefunster:
For your first year with a MH you are certainly jumping in at the deep end. What a great trip you have planned. I'm sure you will love it.
Have a great ime
John :thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Transit with water in footwell

Is there any that haven't :Eeek::Eeek:::bigsmile:

Welsh girl