Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Where can I find recovery assistance for Morocco. I have tried all companies including ADAC

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do you need it ? Of all the places to travel it's probably got more skilled fixers at lowest prices.

We're going, again. Never gave breakdown a thought.

You might come to grief if you've the latest all singing MH that needs an expert flown in from Germany to reset the computers.

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Morocco

Thanks for info, our MH is a Hymer 2003 so do not think it qualifies for being the latest. Will have another think on it and if we decide to go we will be by the ferry Jan 15th:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Apparently the Moroccans like Indians, Turks, Philipinos et al. They are all experts in keeping vehicles much older than your Hymer on the road. Dave (Snowbird) will have first hand knowledge.

I recall a famous funster (Roadrunner) being over there a year or two back in an FB Tabbert and as I remember he had gear box work, welding plus other stuff done for a fraction of the cost it would have been over here, and done promptly - none of can this you bring it back a month next Tuesday :thumb:

Needless to say nobody has seen hide nor hair of him since although he appears to sign into the forum now and again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for info, our MH is a Hymer 2003

Even that may be computerised, but better than the later ones for sure.

Anyway, it's a smallish country, if it's well maintained and it gets that far you should not have a problem.

Well that's my logic in our 2003 FIAT.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Even that may be computerised, but better than the later ones for sure.

Anyway, it's a smallish country, if it's well maintained and it gets that far you should not have a problem.

Well that's my logic in our 2003 FIAT.

446,550 kM2, to be exact

which is twice the size of the UK at 243,610 kM2 and almost as big as at Spain 505,992 kM2

Sad or what ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Breakdown cover in Morocco

I guess it boils down to risk vs cost. When we did a months tour over there last year we were advised by the C and CC to take out Moroccan breakdown cover, and we did (very expensive too), even though we had a huge, fully equipped, tour support vehicle with us (Ray Monteith-Smith). I don't regret it, even though we didn't need it as it turned out. But one of our party wasn't so lucky. His gearbox broke when they were en route to Ceuta on the way back and he was stuck over there for a few days more. I don't know whether he had cover or not, but in his case I'm sure he would have benefitted.

Hymers are built to last, for sure, but do you want to risk spoiling your holiday for the extra £100 or so?:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back