a quaint Spanish tradition (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just browsing a Spanish driving rules website and came across this snippet....

Drivers towing (*con remolque) a caravan or trailer must display a sign of a yellow triangle on a blue background on the front of their vehicle. Note that towing a broken-down vehicle is permitted only for a tow truck

.well, thats a new one on me.

Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dug up a bit more info JP..

If you tow a trailer, a sticker that has a yellow triangle on square blue background must be displayed at the front of your vehicle as well as the back of the trailer [HI](you can use red warning triangles with reflectors tied to the front of the vehicle and back of trailer as a temporally measure)[/HI]. These stickers must be displayed towards the right hand-side of the vehicle and trailer (ie. towards the centre of the road) and relatively close to the edge of the vehicle. Buy them at 4x4 stores.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I tow a trailer in Spain with my car, no signs, no problem, but it does weigh under 750 kg.

And tis true, you are not allowed to tow a car, broken down or not. Must call the truck.

Happy Christmas.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I tow a trailer in Spain with my car, no signs, no problem, but it does weigh under 750 kg.

And tis true, you are not allowed to tow a car, broken down or not. Must call the truck.

Happy Christmas.::bigsmile:

Ie A Frames it's still Towing if they want to pull you in. Pete :Sad:

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Most broken law

I live in Spain part of the year and this must be the most broken law in this lawless land!!:Smile:
I live in a fairly rural area where there are inumerable trailers in use and I have never seen on of these.
Hey Ho ::bigsmile:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I live in Spain part of the year and this must be the most broken law in this lawless land!!:Smile:
I live in a fairly rural area where there are inumerable trailers in use and I have never seen on of these.
Hey Ho ::bigsmile:

It is only part time lawless, normally between 2pm and 4 pm police on lunch break :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are in Spain at present and i have no noticed one on the front of any vehicle yet but I will keep my eyes open now and report back.

Deleted User
I thought that law had been rescinded years ago.Not seen one for years and they were used on pretty well every vehicle towing a trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back