Archos A40 titanium smart phone (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anybody have this Archos A40 titanium phone..If yes and what is there opinions on it...can it be tethered to a laptop...can it wifi an internet connection to a none sim card android tablet

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anybody have this Archos A40 titanium phone..If yes and what is there opinions on it...can it be tethered to a laptop...can it wifi an internet connection to a none sim card android tablet

Or do any of the smart phone wizards on fun have any opinions on this phone....I am not wanting a fast or all singing and dancing smart 4g phone that most of the items on them I would not use....I wanting it mainly for simply texing, emails and going on the internet...as we do not use the m/phone very oftem

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I don't think that this is a model generally offered in the uk so you may not get many user experiences.

From the spec http://www.phonearena.com/phones/ARCHOS-45-Titanium_id8180 it appears that it do what you want. It say that it has wifi hotspot capability so you can use it to connect other devices to the internet.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you buy it on line you can always return it if it doesn't do what you want. It doesn't have to be faulty, but you will probably have to pay the return postage.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or do any of the smart phone wizards on fun have any opinions on this phone.

Not a wizard but I've seen a few. An Android phone is an Android phone. They might vary in size and some may be more plasticy than others but basically they all do the same.

Size is the big consideration. Too small and the keyboard is too small. Too big, is that possible, and it might not fit your pocket.

Archos has been around a long time, not a rubbish brand though I've not seen one of their phones. I have a quite old Archos MP3 player, it's beautifully made.

There seem to be 4 sizes of Archos phone. I'd go for the biggest. It has GPS so can double as a SatNav, so the bigger the better.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I don't think that this is a model generally offered in the uk so you may not get many user experiences.

From the spec http://www.phonearena.com/phones/ARCHOS-45-Titanium_id8180 it appears that it do what you want. It say that it has wifi hotspot capability so you can use it to connect other devices to the internet.

Lunarman

Yes it is a French company Archos..which is where we live, And where we will be buying the phone from...But I think they have a similar model in the UK..
Thank you for reply Lunarman:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not a wizard but I've seen a few. An Android phone is an Android phone. They might vary in size and some may be more plasticy than others but basically they all do the same.

Size is the big consideration. Too small and the keyboard is too small. Too big, is that possible, and it might not fit your pocket.

Archos has been around a long time, not a rubbish brand though I've not seen one of their phones. I have a quite old Archos MP3 player, it's beautifully made.

There seem to be 4 sizes of Archos phone. I'd go for the biggest. It has GPS so can double as a SatNav, so the bigger the better.

Thanks Brian for your reply...this is the info link...

I take your point Brian..BUT I already have three TomTom sat navs ..the Caravan tomtom 1005...and the tomtom 1000 and the and the tomtom go ...all very good, excellent sat navs..so I better not get another... or the wife would go scatty

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If you buy it on line you can always return it if it doesn't do what you want. It doesn't have to be faulty, but you will probably have to pay the return postage.

Not the same in France.......but it does have a 2 year warranty...thank you for your reply

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Hi Mel,
I read the spec and it is very similar to my Galaxy III. I swapped from an iPhone and the quality is great. Archos are a very well established brand name. Go for it.
John

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Are you sure? I thought the distance selling regulations were brought in as a result of an EU Regulation.

IT may be correct about sending back items purchased on the internet...BUT!!!! you try it in France:Doh:....they do everything different they do not follow what EU Regulations you Quote:RollEyes::winky::winky:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Have a look at the Motorola Moto G............look for some reviews then get one from tesco ( £99) when they have them back in stock they are selling out like hot cakes.... Costs even less if you have any tesco vouchers to redeem.........got one recently and its fantastic value.

barry

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel,
I read the spec and it is very similar to my Galaxy III. I swapped from an iPhone and the quality is great. Archos are a very well established brand name. Go for it.
John

Hi John after posting on Fun... I have looked at a lot of feed back and it does seem to be a good phone with many good feedback in France...
Thanks John for your reply speak soon....Mel :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Have a look at the Motorola Moto G............look for some reviews then get one from tesco ( £99) when they have them back in stock they are selling out like hot cakes.... Costs even less if you have any tesco vouchers to redeem.........got one recently and its fantastic value.

barry

Barry i agree ...but we don't have a Tesco in France:Doh:..it would cost toooo much to come over... but thank you:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Brian ...I have just be looking at the spec...and it says it has GPS...(GPS • Yes with A-GPS )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back