LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In the thread on robberies I said I'd buy what I suggested might be a simple solution to robbery whilst you are asleep.

As usual Babz delivers on time, how they can deliver two alarms in a jiffy bad for £1.49 I do not know.

Here is a picture to show the size.

Basically it's a non-latching beeper. Quite loud but not deafening. You switch it on, if the magnet is half an inch from the beeper it's quiet, at one inch it beeps. Return the magnet ( close the door ) and it stops. It runs of 3 hearing aid type batteries.

74.5p and it would have saved the original poster. Three would be needed for the average van.

A quick crude solution, test it every time you switch on, but better than nothing.

Link Removed

Attachments

• alarm.jpg
    alarm.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 253

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
Our is fitted with a Cat 1 alarm, so at bedtime we just set the habitation part of it, which disables the PIRs but leaves the doors and windows alarmed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
In the thread on robberies I said I'd buy what I suggested might be a simple solution to robbery whilst you are asleep.

As usual Babz delivers on time, how they can deliver two alarms in a jiffy bad for £1.49 I do not know.

Basically it's a non-latching beeper. Quite loud but not deafening. You switch it on, if the magnet is half an inch from the beeper it's quiet, at one inch it beeps. Return the magnet ( close the door ) and it stops. It runs of 3 hearing aid type batteries.

74.5p and it would have saved the original poster. Three would be needed for the average van.

A quick crude solution, test it every time you switch on, but better than nothing.

Link Removed

I purchased two of those today for 99p (49.5p ea.) at the 99p shop :thumb:

Last of the big spenders eh? :Smile:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Our is fitted with a Cat 1 alarm, so at bedtime we just set the habitation part of it, which disables the PIRs but leaves the doors and windows alarmed.

You have now told every man and his dog about your night time security procedure.

Best not to state on a forum how you go about your security set up, I think.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Ordered mine off ebay after Brian's post on t'other thread, still in the post but then it is Christmas. :RollEyes:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We have a cracking Vanbitz system and can set external only alarms which is great and a comfort. However, I have to remember that at 5am, since our last outing, when I take the dog out for his walk,,,,,,,,, at least I must remember where I have put the keys. :roflmto:

Lights flashing, sirens going, Wife yelling at me and desperately searching for the keys whilst the whole site is treated to a 'carry-on' style scene.

Must remember - switch the alarms off before opening hab door.:Doh:

Trikeman. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a cracking Vanbitz system and can set external only alarms which is great and a comfort. However, I have to remember that at 5am, since our last outing, when I take the dog out for his walk,,,,,,,,, at least I must remember where I have put the keys. :roflmto:

Lights flashing, sirens going, Wife yelling at me and desperately searching for the keys whilst the whole site is treated to a 'carry-on' style scene.

Must remember - switch the alarms off before opening hab door.:Doh:

Trikeman. :winky:

Been there, done that, got a dozen TeeShirts::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

Link Removed
cheep and cheerful brain but will do the job bud:thumb:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Well good for you.

Some in here spent less on their entire motorhome then your alarm cost you.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ordered mine off ebay after Brian's post on t'other thread, still in the post but then it is Christmas. :RollEyes:

I'm sure you'll get it sooner rather than later. I often buy trivia from Babz and can't believe I'm paying for the postage let alone the complete deal.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
let me be the first????
2 x 44.5 = 89 ?????

You are going to regret this post when you sober up.

Or not as the case may be, looks like we both have enjoyed a glass with out meal.

Last edited:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie

might be a simple solution to robbery whilst you are asleep.

it would have saved the original poster.

but better than nothing.
Many people here are errrmmm getting past their best lets say, maybe to be asleep is sometimes the best thing, you never know what temperament the robber has, an alarm might be enough for some to scarper, on the other hand it might trigger some form of violence. Having a baseball bat to hand is great if you have the opportunity and the SPACE (and the balls) to use it, on the other hand you might just be arming an un-armed robber.
I like to think I am just as fit and strong as I've always been, (this is called self denial) but the truth of the matter is I am overweight, slow, flabby muscled with a low pain threshold. If it comes to parting with stuff or placing my wife and I in physical danger then they can have it.
Having said that I believe an intruder alarm might be enough to stop most robbers as stealth is their stock in trade and an alarm would be enough.
Be great to have one that does not have sirens or bells but a really loud growling from say an Alsation/mastiff/rottweiler/doberman/wolfhound crossbreed/mongrel who sounds hungry and a bit annoyed at being woke up:Eeek:.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
My father-in-law always used to say to my mother-in-law - if something went bump in the night or the doorbell rang - "you go have a look and I'll wait by the phone in case you need help"

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Which means you paid a penny more than buying 2 lots of two. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Expelled from Aberdeen sine die. Forefathers squirming in their graves. . You have consigned me to a slow painful death, "a whole penny" the unrelenting shame :Doh: pass me the noose and where's that jibbet. :cry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Link Removed

3 duly ordered:thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Be great to have one that does not have sirens or bells but a really loud growling from say an Alsation/mastiff/rottweiler/doberman/wolfhound crossbreed/mongrel who sounds hungry and a bit annoyed at being woke up:Eeek:.

Lots available - we always had one in our van - complete it with a bowl of water outside and a "Good dog" as you leave the van parked. :ROFLMAO:

Barking Dog Alarm

Keith

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Expelled from Aberdeen sine die. Forefathers squirming in their graves. . You have consigned me to a slow painful death, "a whole penny" the unrelenting shame :Doh: pass me the noose and where's that jibbet. :cry:

Just to let the 'lowlanders' know that Aberdonians are regarded as tighter than a gnats chuff by the rest of Scotland:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning

Link Removed

Hi Hilldweller
Just purchased a pack of these as final security buy after strikeback fitted to protect doors and lockers etc. now either I'm doing something wrong or these don't work with the cassette frames on my autotrail tracker? I can't figure out a way to fit the alarm and magnet so they align with each other as the window frame is at right angles to the window so the 2 pieces just don't align enough to silence the alarm when switched on...........any suggestions funsters?:Confused:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Hilldweller
Just purchased a pack of these as final security buy after strikeback fitted to protect doors and lockers etc. now either I'm doing something wrong or these don't work with the cassette frames on my autotrail tracker? I can't figure out a way to fit the alarm and magnet so they align with each other as the window frame is at right angles to the window so the 2 pieces just don't align enough to silence the alarm when switched on...........any suggestions funsters?:Confused:

Thank god it's not just me!! I bought some cheap Halfords equivalents took one look at exactly the same problem and chucked them in a drawer in the garage.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

Link Removed

Failure is not an option......Cat1 alarm, window alarms as mentioned in these posts, Tracker...plus my trusty Walther PPK..:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back