Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi all,
Sorry to sound a bit dumb but I keep reading about the ACSI camping card but have no idea what it is :Doh:
Can someone explain the system for me please.
How much does it cost?
Is it for European touring?

Thanks in anticipation,
John :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi all,
Sorry to sound a bit dumb but I keep reading about the ACSI camping card but have no idea what it is :Doh:
Can someone explain the system for me please.
How much does it cost?
Is it for European touring?

Thanks in anticipation,
John :Smile:

In easy terms, it is a way to get cheap(er) camp sites between the end of September and about the start of May
Membership is around 12 € a year, and you get two books with all the ACSI camp sites listed and a membership card.
Generally, we find we get more than our money back the very first time we use the card !

There are ACSI registered sites all over Europe but only a few in the UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I get mine from Eurocampings and like those folk posting on another thread mine arrived today. Many Funsters use Vicarious Books, a great bunch of very helpful people who attend most of the shows. :Smile:

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
In easy terms, it is a way to get cheap(er) camp sites between the end of September and about the start of May
Membership is around 12 € a year, and you get two books with all the ACSI camp sites listed and a membership card.
Generally, we find we get more than our money back the very first time we use the card !

There are ACSI registered sites all over Europe but only a few in the UK

You are a bit out on your dates, you can use the card all through June and into early July and again from the end of August which then includes all of September

Mikep

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
You are a bit out on your dates, you can use the card all through June and into early July and again from the end of August which then includes all of September
Mikep
Agree with Mikep on this. In some case, particularly in France, the peak summer season dates that are excluded can by as little as five or six weeks during mid-summer holidays. Others close out on the discounts for longer periods for two or three different periods eg Easter, May Holiday, Summer Holiday etc.

Each campsite which participates in the discount scheme* - there are 2,739 listed for 2014 - can set its own dates when it will offer the discounted price. Each site can also decide which discount price band to offer €12, €14, €16 or €18 per night for the cost of two people, a pitch and an electric hook-up. Believe it also includes the cost of one dog too.

All of the information is listed in the guidebooks and on the website. :thumb:

*Note - I believe there are in excess of 7,000 sites that have been inspected by ACSI (a Dutch camping organisation), but only the 2,739 referred to are participating in the discount scheme. So seeing an ACSI sign at a campsite does not automatically mean you will be able to get the special prices. Nonetheless, it's an excellent and popular scheme.

Mike

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Mikep

Cheers Mike.. Never bothered to look at when the dates start... After we get back from winter jolly in March we tend to stay in the UK until mod August so never had the need.

Most places we go to do not start again till the 7th of September but that is fine for us.. We wander down to southern Europe ( Southern Italy, Croatia, and hopefully this year Greece ) stopping in stelplatz and the like.. By the time we get where we want to be The ACSI card has kicked in :thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
we find that the bonus to us (other than the discount) is being able to look up sites in the area we are visiting and making our choice. Knowing the price before walking into reception (no embarrassing financial surprises:whatthe:)::bigsmile:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
ACSI

Hi,The main point is the card gives you a discount,but you get two books that cover most of Europe,the info it gives you is opening and closing times,also if they have wi fi,showers,waste dump,pool,etc,so it sorts out the area you want with the facilities you require,and gives telephone numbers,website,how close to beaches,and towns,so well worth if going away to Europe,i hope this has explained it for you.regards H.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back