French Xmas market (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just back from France, been round a few markets, but stayed at gravelines last night and they have a larger one starting on Saturday to dec 23 than any we have been to , must be 100+ stalls all the lights and amusements the lot, 3euro to park on the riverside if you pay , most don't, twenty minuets from tunnel or ferry, a real bargain, ideal for anyone just wanting to have a try at France or anyone wanting to go to a real French market on the cheap. You could do it on a day trip on the tunnel, twenty mins there and twenty up the motorway then all day and 40 mins back to England BARGAIN. ::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Through the van window last night::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 79

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just back from France, been round a few markets, but stayed at gravelines last night and they have a larger one starting on Saturday to dec 23 than any we have been to , must be 100+ stalls all the lights and amusements the lot, 3euro to park on the riverside if you pay , most don't, twenty minuets from tunnel or ferry, a real bargain, ideal for anyone just wanting to have a try at France or anyone wanting to go to a real French market on the cheap. You could do it on a day trip on the tunnel, twenty mins there and twenty up the motorway then all day and 40 mins back to England BARGAIN. ::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

We havent been to Gravelines yet but was thinking of doing so , with the Xmas market on is there plenty of space etc and would you know how often the market is at Gravelines ...daily or weekly
Thanx

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
PLUS forgot to mention the duty free, if you go another 10 mile or so into Belgium you can get your fags for less than a fiver and you can fill up with wine at cite Europe on the way back for not much more than a pound a bottle, if you drink and smoke much, you can have a good couple of days in France and come back in pocket:thumb::thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We havent been to Gravelines yet but was thinking of doing so , with the Xmas market on is there plenty of space etc and would you know how often the market is at Gravelines ...daily or weekly
Thanx

Kath

The Xmas market is every day from Saturday till the 23 dec, when we parked up we were the only ones there, and there is space for over 20, but obviously it hasn't started yet, but don't think it will be full as it isn't advertised anywhere as far as I know, we just happened upon it, and it looks like being better than the ones we visited.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And the market starts just across the road from the aire and carries on right through the town and in the square and out the other side, massive for a small town, oh just remembered skating rink as well::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry to bump this but I thought there would be more interest in this market, so just in case anyone missed it , here it is again , btw one thing I forgot , free wifi on the aire.:thumb::thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Through the van window last night::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

21751d1386715994t-french-xmas-market-image.jpg

That's the exact same spot I caught a small Flounder from back in September whilst waiting for the DFDS boat the next morning....

Didn't realise till the tide had gone out that I was only fishing in less than a metre of water....:Doh:

By the way the Friterie on the right hand side (south) of the main square as you walk in from the Aire is excellent.

Their Fricandella = Brill, well recommended...............:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back