Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I want to buy a Kampa Rally Air 390XL for our motorhome. I have the money,:Smile: but it seems that no one has one to sell. Feed info into google and loads of suppliers can be found but no one I have tried seem to have them in stock. :Sad: I mailed Kampa to find a stockist and they sent me details of three local dealers.....two of whom no longer stock Kampa. Has anyone ever seen one of these wee beasties or are they as mythical as the one eyed, lesser spotted unicorn? :helpsos:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Kampa

Hi, We looked at one at nec show nice .. but liked Vango airbeam better have you seen them ? :Smile:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We bought one last year and like a few others on here found they have a design flaw where the corner legs collapse under the slightest breeze, even with storm guys attached, which actually make it worse

I would not be surprised if they had been recalled

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now that is an expensive mistake for them to make, did you get a refund ?

Still working on it, Kampa claimed initially I was the only one to have the problem

It goes up fine, but unless absolutely still the legs bend, above about 3 mph they virtually fold over

We have tried having no storm guys, pulling lower corner guy straight out front, side and as in photo, all have same result

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Still working on it, Kampa claimed initially I was the only one to have the problem

"They" got away with that for years, then bulletin boards, then forums started up. "Oh no Sir, we've never had that, it must be your computer".

Local trading standards, small claims court, don't let them beat you.

It's a great pity they did not come back with "sorry, we'll fix it, give us a little time", it's such a good idea.

PS....

GOTIT. It's so easy, you sew rings on the tube, inflate then slide a nice steel tube support pole into them. Don't know why you've not already done this.

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I want to buy a Kampa Rally Air 390XL for our motorhome. I have the money,:Smile: but it seems that no one has one to sell. Feed info into google and loads of suppliers can be found but no one I have tried seem to have them in stock. :Sad: I mailed Kampa to find a stockist and they sent me details of three local dealers.....two of whom no longer stock Kampa. Has anyone ever seen one of these wee beasties or are they as mythical as the one eyed, lesser spotted unicorn? :helpsos:

Yes they were very popular and sold out but if you call us you can place a forward order for delivery in 2014 and get your Funsters Discounnt and free delivery

Peter

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
"They" got away with that for years, then bulletin boards, then forums started up. "Oh no Sir, we've never had that, it must be your computer".

Local trading standards, small claims court, don't let them beat you.

It's a great pity they did not come back with "sorry, we'll fix it, give us a little time", it's such a good idea.

PS....

GOTIT. It's so easy, you sew rings on the tube, inflate then slide a nice steel tube support pole into them. Don't know why you've not already done this.
Of course its the way you drive that makes the clutch judder in reverse!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Of course its the way you drive that makes the clutch judder in reverse!

And didn't they get away with that for a long time !

It was a privilege to watch that saga unfold.

There must still be a load out there just waiting to catch the people who can least afford to wipe up FIAT's mess, the second and third hand buyers.

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001

We bought one and it was delivered in July. We think it is great and have had no problem with it. :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We have a standard kampa rally, the one with the metal poles, its crap. Poles bend in high wind, poles rust. Fabric has been badly effected by the sun, and is now paper thin on the roof and has torn in two places, this is on a 11 month old awning. Supplier told me its not intended for fulltime use, only a few weeks of the year. He said he was surprised it was still standing.

He said it's classed as a lightweight awning, so is not prepared to offer any recompense.

Ian

Last edited:

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
We bought one and it was delivered in July. We think it is great and have had no problem with it. :thumb:

I've managed to add a couple pics to my album, I'm not clever with this sort of thing! But don't know how to put it on here. Always got children around me so can't concentrate to do it. Of course there will be a simple way. My album has two pics of our rally air. Fun putting it up the first time, especially when I had opened the valves and poor hubby was pumping it up. 20 times and it up? I don't think so with the valves open! .....Haha the air was blue I must say:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back