RANT - GO COMPARE motorhome quote (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you see this website, let me just say DONT waste your time filling it in like i just did :Doh:

10 mins of my life wasted...

It asks about accessories fitted but has no facility for solar panel or towbar.
It asks about NCD when people like comfort and safeguard dont use it like on car policy's

At the end there are about 8 companies BUT one Adrian flux gives a price !! all the others say unable to quote or vehicle to high a value (£38k)... AND the flux quote was way over the top and did not even have breakdown..

RANT OVER... :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And worse, you may well be flooded by junk emails for ages, that happened to me when I did this exercise for bike insurance.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
GRRRRRR..............

RANT 2...

Bloody Saga.....

"Thank you for your interest in Saga Motorhome Insurance.

We are sorry that, as a result of some of the information you have provided, we are unable to complete your on-line quotation. Please call 0800 068 8690 and one of our Customer Service Advisers will be happy to help."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We were with MHF (via Comfort) - renewal came in for van £650 - rang and told em Lynda had had a claim on her car - which was her fault and a write off but she has a 30 odd year no claims ever record.

and the cheeky bastards wanted another £200. That was £850 - they're having a larf

Bye Bye Motorhome Facts Insurance - renewed with Safeguard for considerably less then the original renewal quote from Facts. Ok Maroc not covered but green card should suffice.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I should have my renewal off MHF next week, just trying to get a head start on it with Christmas / new year and departing for Morocco. Plus road tax to sort...

Been with Safeguard for 10 years and only moved last year as we wanted something regarding breakdown for Morocco.. As it was they turned out to be a bit cheaper, even with having to pay for a green card..

Got an online quote last night with safeguard and almost £100 dearer than MHF !!!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would phone around, MHF are only acting as brokers and the forums been sold, you should find cheaper quotes when you haggle a bit

Peter

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh::Doh:
GET ON THE PHONE. DON'T USE INTERWEB THEY PASS ALL INFORMATION ON TO EACH OTHER. ESPECIALLY COMPARE,ETC.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I normally go with Comfort ,but Saga,quoted me £130 less.I rang Comfort back and they said they could not touch it. So i am now with Saga. :thumb:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We were with MHF (via Comfort) - renewal came in for van £650 - rang and told em Lynda had had a claim on her car - which was her fault and a write off but she has a 30 odd year no claims ever record.

and the cheeky bastards wanted another £200. That was £850 - they're having a larf

Bye Bye Motorhome Facts Insurance - renewed with Safeguard for considerably less then the original renewal quote from Facts. Ok Maroc not covered but green card should suffice.

If Morocco is not covered on your insurance policy, then your green card WILL NOT SUFFICE. Green card is supplied by your CURRENT insurer and is tied to your policy. You need to rethink this. Cover can be purchased dockside in Tangier.

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:
OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If Morocco is not covered on your insurance policy, then your green card WILL NOT SUFFICE. Green card is supplied by your CURRENT insurer and is tied to your policy. You need to rethink this. Cover can be purchased dockside in Tangier.

Regards, Bryan

[/COLOR][/B]

Bryan.. I think he is refering to the Breadown element. This is why i moved last year..
Safeguard give a free green card but no breakdown cover on Morocco.
Comfort / MHF (Aviva) Charge for green card (£20ish) but have a "sort it and claim back when in UK" on Morocco breakdown.

On a plus note.. My Road tax renewal has come through and I have done that online, so another thing sorted..

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Go Compare

If you see this website, let me just say DONT waste your time filling it in like i just did :Doh:

It asks about NCD when people like comfort and safeguard dont use it like on car policy's

At the end there are about 8 companies BUT one Adrian flux gives a price !! all the others say unable to quote or vehicle to high a value (£38k)... AND the flux quote was way over the top and did not even have breakdown..

Go Figure
AF are the only ones that give them commission
or am I being cynical AGAIN:cry:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
:ROFLMAO:
Bryan.. I think he is refering to the Breadown element. This is why i moved last year..
Safeguard give a free green card but no breakdown cover on Morocco.
Comfort / MHF (Aviva) Charge for green card (£20ish) but have a "sort it and claim back when in UK" on Morocco breakdown.

On a plus note.. My Road tax renewal has come through and I have done that online, so another thing sorted..

Happy to stand corrected Steve. :Blush:
If, as you say, he is talking about breakdown.......... what is the significance of his Green Card, or have I been out of UK too long and things are now different ?

Regards, Bryan

PS: As Snowbird said recently "if you cannot get it fixed in Morocco.... dump it", or words to that effect.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Regards, Bryan

[/COLOR][/B]

Bryan as I understand it the only deficiency on my Safeguard Insurance green card is breakdown recovery in Maroc. I have received my green card today and it states In each country visited, the bureau of that country guarantees,in respect of the use of the vehicle referred to herein, the insurance cover in accordance with laws relating to compulsory insurance in that country

Please see http://www.cobx.org

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Odd....... generally Adrian flux get condemned for high price but we have been with them since owning motorhomes I check every year cant beat their price including European cover:thumb:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)

I don't know if it is of any help but when we bought our first MH 18 months ago a coach operator advised us to try Staveley Head (08009709988) and looking at the price people pay on here they are very competitive. They also do breakdown although I don't know if it covers Marocco.

Good luck :thumb:
John

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

Recently had a similar experience, but it was Adrian Flux who were more than useless.

We were insured by AF on our dear old Swift Royale. Two weeks ago we traded her in for a Swift Freestyle (Sundance) 630L - coincidentally, same value as your new wagon, £38K.
AF not only wouldn't cover it, as value too high, but wanted to charge me admin and cancellation fees as I was going to another insurer. I quick rant on contractual law and the damage I could do to them by the use of social media had them rethinking the charges.
Got a decent price from Caravan Guard.

Not sure why AF think £38K for a MH is anything strange or out of the ordinary, but I for one won't be going anywhere near them ever again. :Angry:

Last edited:
OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The post was done more to let people know what a waste of time it was...
I had not seen it before and thought I would give it a try..
I have been with safeguard for 11 years and always happy with their price, maybe not the cheapest but i like the all in cover inc breakdown.. Over the years i have had 1 big claim where a stolen car went into our 18month old van. Plus 2 breakdown call outs in Spain and Germany.. Dealt with very promtply on every occasion.
Last year went to MHF (same as comfort) only because they gave that little extra ref Morocco.
I should have my renewal quote through this week, so fingers crossed...

Attachments

• DSC00367.JPG
    DSC00367.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
  • smash 5 comp.jpg
    smash 5 comp.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 25
  • smash 3 comp.jpg
    smash 3 comp.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
RANT-GO COMPARE motorhome

Hi,The insurance i have for motorhome with trailer and breakdown european as well,value £80.000 cost £399.00 with Frank Pickles,you can phone them and they do speak to you and are very helpfull,hope this helps.regards H.::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've been looking around for renewal for the van, but not impressed with Saga or CC. We've been with Safeguard for over 3 years and have decided to stay with them, just had the renewal letter in today and it was £260 fully comp, with Margaret and our son (who's nearly 30!) as named drivers.
Like Tonka said, I started to fill in the quote form online last week and got the same message about not being able to give me a quote online.......had to call them to speak to someone in person, call me cynical but was this a ploy?
They had retained all the info from the online form the night before......
So staying with Safeguard again and quite pleased:thumb:

Bill

Last edited:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I don't know if it is of any help but when we bought our first MH 18 months ago a coach operator advised us to try Staveley Head (08009709988) and looking at the price people pay on here they are very competitive. They also do breakdown although I don't know if it covers Marocco.

Good luck :thumb:
John

I am with Stavely too, i thought I was the only one and was wondering if I was on a loser. I was surprised at the price quoted with no no claim bonus years. Company vehicle driver. However I have not examined the cover as I was not planning anything adventurous for a while so just looking for cheap cover which at £205 for fully comp cover I think I have ??:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back