Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've been with Safeguard for 3 years now, but have just been quoted £366 per year if I pay by direct debit, or £316 if I don't go by direct debit.
Have been with them for 3 years now, but does anyone else have any recommendations on a better deal?

Thanks in advance, Bill:Smile:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Have you tried Caravan Club for a quote? Ours came out much cheaper with them, even taking Safeguards AA cover into account.........

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
I'm not sure how they work their premiums out but I've been with comfort for years but this year I got the exact same policy through scenic for £44 less, both policies were "aviva plus" and i checked carefully that they were the same, when i rang comfort and told them they dropped their price by £30 (still £14 more) why didn't they quote me this price in the first place ?.... now I'm with scenic but I'm sure I'll have the same carry on next year !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
you cannot suss this insurance business out. Renewal for my car with Swinton local office £198. Renewal with Swinton on line £96. Which one did i take? BUSBY:roflmto:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm with Safeguard and mine was £295 albeit a smaller van than yours. It does include UK & European breakdown and insurance cover. I though it was reasonable. I've been with them 4 years now.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Margaret & Bill,
I use Saga, just waiting for my renewal due 31 /12, but last year mine cost £ 233.77 . I have used them for the last 3 or 4 years , I always check with comparison websites then go back to Saga and give them the chance to match or better , so far they have every time come up with enough of a compromise on the price so that there virtually no difference.
Give them a try ,no harm in trying.
:sin: Terry :sin:

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Many thanks to everyone for their advice.......Margaret has just suggested I try Aleksandr and the loveable meerkats to see if they can help:ROFLMAO:

Many thanks again, Bill:Smile:

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
We have been with safeguard for the last 3 years, and will probably be back with them next year, but this year we have gone with saga as they had a special offer on. We use saga or safeguard because they both use AA recovery in Europe, and as we have unfortunately had to use them on 2 occasions and found the service just fantastic. :thumb:

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I've just phoned Saga and they came in with a price of £372 and Safeguard £316, so at the moment I'll probably stay with Safeguard.
Also phoned the Caravan Club and the way they dealt with my request for a quote didn't fill me full of confidence......plus, they said that breakdown cover for the UK and the Continent would be extra.
Thanks again to you all for your advice:thumb:

Bill:Smile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
try Saga again as insurances change regularly, my saga qoute changed from Mon to Friday got cheaper rate with them following week.:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We have been with safeguard for the last 3 years, and will probably be back with them next year, but this year we have gone with saga as they had a special offer on. We use saga or safeguard because they both use AA recovery in Europe, and as we have unfortunately had to use them on 2 occasions and found the service just fantastic. :thumb:

Would you mind me asking what the failures you experienced were please? (I drive the same van as yourselves).

Thanks.

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
Would you mind me asking what the failures you experienced were please? (I drive the same van as yourselves).

Thanks.
this is why we have the star spirit as our other van was getting a bit long in the tooth, it was a Renault , gave us great service for 5 years. Glade to say we have not had a problem with this van and have had it for 3 years. ( well apart from being robbed in France but that's not the vans fault lol ).

The only thing I would say is don't trust the step to come up when you turn on the ignition, ours has failed to lift on 3 occasions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back