Motorhoming Documentary, let's do it (1 Viewer)

ClaudeP

Free Member
Dec 4, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Not yet
Hello all, I'm Claude, long lurker new comer on this forum.
I have lately been thinking about full time motorhoming, haven't got the money yet. I'm 22 (I'm hoping that by 24-25 I'll have me own private heaven on wheels), also in my third year film student in Ipswich Suffolk and I need to make a half an hour drama or documentary as one of my final projects.

Yesterday evening I was spending some recreational time on the webz and came accross this outstanding vehicle: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjiQFCunJqk&list=UURZBmbzVCphgOlWotZdd-EA"]Tynan's RV Tour 2012 - YouTube[/ame] . Not long after I found out the guy had a book released, kindled it and devoured it like mad. Point is, upon finishing the book I realized this is a passion I simply can't hold back and then it struck me. Let's make a documentary!
I've got my own professional kit, https://vimeo.com/62959319 if you're interested to see what the footage from my equipment looks like (that's not my clip though, just recently purchased and didn't make something worth showing on it apart from extensively testing the camera and the kit).

Ok, maybe too much introduction and long story short, the subjects that I'd like to touch are a few things:

On a personal level, people's stories, the big leap, the freedom, the rewarding lifestyle!, the disadvantages and in retrospect, whether it was a good decision and if you'd go back.
The community!! God I can't emphasize enough how much I respect this community! All the blogging I've read, all the stories and the threads on this forum, it seems like the connection between motorhomers is so tangible and in general like this community as a society has the highest rate of awesome people in it. Interesting would be the atmosphere of different times of the day at a campsite for example, I promise I won't leave you without making sure we have a campfire in one of the evenings.
For a detailed plan however, we need a starting point, that I hope to find from your answers on this thread.

So what's the plan?
Buy a tent, camp with you for about a week in a motorhome campsite, maybe come on a journey with one of you to add narrative to the documentary (oh how much fun that would be, not to mention it would propel the value of the documentary through the roof). When? I'm thinking best is probably during April, as I've got that month almost entirely off.

I'd love to hear more information from you, first off if you'd like to do this, then stuff like what's the biggest campsite you know, what's the most welcoming one, what amazing stories of motorhoming do you have, what type of journey would you do, are you a little bit off the hook in your adventures hehe? Are there things I didn't think of that are important?

Also, about a possible road trip, I'd also consider (in fact I'd prefer that to be honest), would anybody interested in doing a route of campsites, so that I'd structure the documentary around the story of a full timer/motorhomer for fun/maybe husband and wife and secondarily meeting the community and his/her relationship with them?

There's so many things that can be done, and for me it would be combining two of the things I'm most passionate about, it'd be nectar from the gods. That said, I want this to be my first real step into the world of motorhoming as well, I'll learn so much.

Can't wait for your replies, hoping that we can build upon this idea together.

Oh one more thing: I'm planning to submit this to film festivals.

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Claude, welcome to Fun, you are certainly enthusiastic, just a couple of thoughts, you yourself are 22 and digesting all your ideas quickly, some of us (speaking for my self) are older and in such a long intro took a lot of digesting.

Now not wanting to put you off at all a couple of ideas

1. Why not approach Jim out site leader with your idea.

2. Break in down into bite size pieces the information is all here.

3. I am sure there will be more funsters along with more. Ideas.

Good Luck. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds a good idea, you could also make a video of Johns Cross:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi ClaudeP - great idea and love the enthusiasm :Smile:

Instead if buying a tent it might be worth approaching a few dealers and asking to borrow a van for your week of filming. I'm sure quite a few would jump at the publicity and it would also give you another angle to your documentary.

Good luck,
David

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Sounds a good idea, you could also make a video of Johns Cross:thumb:

Peter

Hi ClaudeP - great idea and love the enthusiasm :Smile:

Instead if buying a tent it might be worth approaching a few dealers and asking to borrow a van for your week of filming. I'm sure quite a few would jump at the publicity and it would also give you another angle to your documentary.

Good luck,
David

Seems like Johns Cross would be front runners there. ::bigsmile: :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back