Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Feel sure somewhere on here, there's an answer already but no idea where to look.

If you have Windows 7 software, what do you have to do to a Windows 8 system to enable it to run?

This is a query someone on our Diabetes forum has, it's the software for a Glucometer which the mfrs have no plans in hand to release an update for. (It would be the same story for my pump and meter too)

But I feel sure someone knows the answer, or where it can be found, pretty please.

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Just install as you would on a Win 7 PC, never had a problem running software that's compatible with Win 7 on Win 8

My PC is dual boot 7 & 8 but we won't go into that :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Cheers, just found out it's a tablet though - so dunno if you can install with a CD like you do on a PC etc - so I'll tell her and see if any of that helps.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If the tablet has a USB port, you can use an external cd/DVD drive to install the software.
Allan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Cheers, just found out it's a tablet though .

Windows 8 tablet ?

There was something on The Gadget Show not long ago ( I flicked through a re-run the other day ) saying not a lot of "windows" software runs on a Windows 8 tablet.

Unless the tablet runs the old Intel ( Pentium etc ) chips it just can't run old windows software, totally different instruction set in the processor.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was gonna suggest you give Rolfy Dave a shout, but as you proly know he is a PC man not a tablet man :Sad:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Windows 8 tablet ?

There was something on The Gadget Show not long ago ( I flicked through a re-run the other day ) saying not a lot of "windows" software runs on a Windows 8 tablet.

Unless the tablet runs the old Intel ( Pentium etc ) chips it just can't run old windows software, totally different instruction set in the processor.

Mrs A has a windows 8 tablet. The only extra software she has on it is Office 2007. It works fine. Drivers for printers are downloaded automatically ( much like Macs have always been) and she has other accounting software that she used on a win 7 laptop that also works fine. She doesn't use anything else so I can't say if there are any problems with other software.

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back