Whining - (not me, the telly...!) (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Morning all,

We have posted here before to ask about our infernally complicated 12v telly. After six months of losing stations, locked channels, no Radio 2 or 4 (a deal buster as far as I am concerned...) we decided to set up a free to sat receiver alongside the telly. Cliff set it all up but there is a whining noise that builds up when the receiver is switched on. We have to set the volume to full on the receiver to get sound on the telly, and the whine is deafening. We thought it might have been because the receiver was too close to the TV so we moved it away, but it's just as bad.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Cheers

Geraldine

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
2 hours and no suggestions...

My contribution... make sure a strand of the outer (Braided) "Coax" isn`t just touching the inner core... same with silver type paper.. :Smile:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Mo,

Thanks for your help - apparently it isn't that as we (apparently) only have one wire serving both - I don't understand it at all..... anyway, we have gone back to original infernally complicated telly without the free to sat receiver.

Hope alls well with you and that you have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Look forward to meeting up in 2014!

Cheers

Ger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Cliffandger , what type of TV have you got?
I have a few problems with 12v tv sets

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Morning all,

We have posted here before to ask about our infernally complicated 12v telly. After six months of losing stations, locked channels, no Radio 2 or 4 (a deal buster as far as I am concerned...) we decided to [HI]set up a free to sat receiver alongside the telly[/HI]. Cliff set it all up but there is a whining noise that builds up when the receiver is switched on. We have to set the volume to full on the receiver to get sound on the telly, and the whine is deafening. We thought it might have been because the receiver was too close to the TV so we moved it away, but it's just as bad.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Cheers

Geraldine

i assume the telly has a built in satellite receiver? and you are connected to a sat dish.. is the whine from the new sat receiver or telly?

as has been suggested sounds as if there may be a short in the coax between its screening and positive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back