what do you think?? (1 Viewer)

merclunar

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
gudday, after whtching this site for a while, this is my first post, all responses on this subject would be greatfull.

here goes,

we bought a van to do a tour of dorset, devon and cornwall this summer, after a few long weekends away in our (not so new) van, we always seem to run out of water after 48 hours, now being away for over 2 weeks we are gonna need to fill up every couple of days, i would like to know how u guys manage on this front.

here is my idea, i buy a stand pipe and key of ebay for about £69 all in, therefore all i need to do is find a hydrant and up we fill. ok from what research i have done it seems you need i liciense, be surely if i pay full rates at home, and if i were to be in a remote spot where no one was looking, no one would have anything to say,

all advice is greatly welcome on this subject, Thanks, paul

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
What size tank do you have 48 hours is a lot of water, are you stopping on sites as they supply water sounds like a sledge hammer to crack a nut using the other method.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

merclunar

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
we have a 80 litre tank, an considering then new pump we put on does 10 litres per minute it iant lastin long, we try our best to use it conservativly, how long do you guys get out of a tank??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Water conservation is a knack that every motorhomer learns, as sometimes filling up is impossible and at best its just a pain.

Teaching our kids to shower was the hardest, but everyone must learn to stop having long relaxing showers, the trick is to just wet the body, turn the shower off- lather up before a quick rinse. In our motorhome, if the water pump is ever heard running for longer that a few seconds, 4 people will be shouting "Oi" at the offender (usually Ginnie):Smile:

Out side of campsites places that will let you hook up a hose are few and far between, the dreaded water meter has put paid to that. There are always places like garages that you can full a /10 or 20l water container, we have a submersible pump so that we can easily suck the contents into the tank.

Use it sparingly and never pass a tap without filling every container you have is about the best advice i can give.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we have a 80 litre tank, an considering then new pump we put on does 10 litres per minute it iant lastin long, we try our best to use it conservativly, how long do you guys get out of a tank??
80 litres in 48hrs what are you doing drinking it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Seriously though that is a very high usage, do you both need a shower twice a day, once a week and strip wash. we use 10 litres a day for the two of us and 2 dogs so what are you doing with it washing the motorhome?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:If you really need that amount then stay on a site. Using fire hydrants is illegal and whilst Fred Dibnor may have got away with it you can be sure you won't. Garages always have a tap. So do cemetaries. Good luck

Upvote 0
V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
Sounds a good idea . . . if you want to end up in court with a hefty fine.
Do like everyone else - fill up when necessary 'the legal way'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Remember, what you put in, you must dump, wher are you going to dump your grey waste. Join the C&CC and for a £5 er yo can go onto there site, fill up fresh, dump grey and black, take a long relaxing shower. use the laundry etc etc and be on your way. Other wise, as others have said, find a tap. Public toilets are another place often with a tap, more so a rural toilet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back