where can we find an automatic MH? (1 Viewer)

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
I've been looking around the internet for an automatic transmission 3 berth MH but not having much luck. Preferably not much over 6m and with garage. Like Hymers or Burstners and not too old. Would consider other makes with fixed/drop down beds or drop down bed with long couch. Would there be one for around £40,000? What Px could we expect for our manual transmission 2009 Burstner Viseo?

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
There's an Adria Vision similar to ours on the forecourt at Leisure Kingdom, Hilton at the moment -marked down to around £35K. Te Vision is built on the Renault Master chassis and we have the auto box which is really smooth .....

It benefits from a HUGE garage amongst other things and is a really nice layout - you are in Staffs I see as we are so perhaps take a look? Hilton is easily accessed from the A50!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
I was about to say an older RMB, such as the one below. But considering your budget, I'll not mention it. :winky:

Don't mind paying less but not for left hand drive and very high mileage. Also don't want to give away present MH in the px which is what might happen if we bought something of less value than what we have. I don't suppose dealers ever give buyers money in a px??!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Finding an auto MH is like looking for rocking horse sh*t.
It is HARD WORK!
Last time we bought a used van we could find only 5 in the UK that met our requirements and we drive several hundred miles round the country to view them.
It's just a matter of scouring all the places where they are advertised continually. Don't assume that if you speak to a dealer and tell them what you're looking for that they will ever bother to call you back (to be fair they may never get one in stock that meets your requirements).
Put the hours in and you will find what you want but it might take a while.
Good luck!

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I agree its not easy to find an auto - we also need one and when we looked years ago, it was the same lack of stock apart from RVs /left hookers.

We had an Autosleeper Ravenna on a Ford chassis with the semiauto box which was nice to drive but apparently can be a problem down the line. The layout of the Ravenna was dire, though. We are still very happy with the Adria and the Renault auto box has been excellent.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
From my own experience, LHD really isn't any problem whatsoever and I find it's easier to keep the MH nearer the kerb than RHD.

And finding a LHD auto should be far easier than a RHD model judging from the above posts.

Anyway, good luck with your search. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
What amazes me is that people say an automatic is rarer than hens teeth yet I have had autos just sitting there as men say 'oh no we want a manual, not auto.'

Must be a macho thing having a gear stick, me an auto every day

Peter

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
What amazes me is that people say an automatic is rarer than hens teeth yet I have had autos just sitting there as men say 'oh no we want a manual, not auto.'

Must be a macho thing having a gear stick, [HI]me an auto every day[/HI]

Peter

i could not agree more,,, every car since 1978 has been auto :thumb: and would not have it any other way.

however, our motorhome is manual, bought new, could not afford the extra cash for the 3 ltr and the auto box , the newer 2.3 ltr auto was an 8 month wait and the 3ltr took a chunk out of payload.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Look for a nice Knaus Sun Ti! Great comformatic gear box.Fixed bed.6.86m.I would sell you ours but we love it!:thumb:Should get quite a young one for 40k.:Smile:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
A dealer told me he had an auto coming in in 3 months time.....so I waited and bought it.... a 3 litre Auto trail ( Fiat semi auto) with 9000 miles on it .

Its fantastic to drive and I get around 25/26/27 to the gallon.
Very smooth in auto or drive as a manual but without a clutch.
great engine...........no reverse shudders or any other problems.

Its wonderful and so easy to drive.

barry

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't mind paying less but not for left hand drive and very high mileage. Also don't want to give away present MH in the px which is what might happen if we bought something of less value than what we have. I don't suppose dealers ever give buyers money in a px??!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ERMMM, NO.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Nice van however what's with the 3 rd captains chair seems such a waste of space.Thats the feature that puts me off some German vans.
Is the average no of family members 3 in Germany ?

Vlad

The 3rd chair is what is known as a bar version. The most sought after layout by couples in the know :Smile:.

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Automatic motorhome

I've been looking around the internet for an automatic transmission 3 berth MH but not having much luck. Preferably not much over 6m and with garage. Like Hymers or Burstners and not too old. Would consider other makes with fixed/drop down beds or drop down bed with long couch. Would there be one for around £40,000? What Px could we expect for our manual transmission 2009 Burstner Viseo?
Hi we have just ordered a 6 metre fiat automatic Chasson, which are around £40 K Also got an excellent part ex on our 2006 Dethleffs
Pete

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Automatic MH

Hi we have just ordered a 6 metre fiat automatic Chasson, which are around £40 K Also got an excellent part ex on our 2006 Dethleffs
Pete

Sounds interesting. What dealer did you use?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

Must be a macho thing having a gear stick, me an auto every day

Peter

There are autos available but as always it's finding one with the layout/spec that you want that is the problem. And don't forget Sods Law which says that when you find the right van it's the other end of the country. And by the time you work out how you're going to get to view it, it has already been sold.
As I said earlier it is hard work. I forgot to add that it is also frustrating!
But keep at it and you WILL find the perfect van. After you've already bought one that was nearly right of course!

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
the Fiat 3ltr Comfort-Matic is a brilliant combination, power by the bucket full and the gear changes are as smooth as silk. 100% reliable and trouble free.

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
There are autos available but as always it's finding one with the layout/spec that you want that is the problem. And don't forget Sods Law which says that when you find the right van it's the other end of the country. And by the time you work out how you're going to get to view it, it has already been sold.
As I said earlier it is hard work. I forgot to add that it is also frustrating!
But keep at it and you WILL find the perfect van. After you've already bought one that was nearly right of course!

What we've got suits us very well - drop down bed and transverse fixed single at rear. Large garage. Just under 6m. Perfect but not automatic. Can you get automatic gears installed into a previously manual gearbox? Or is that another daft question by someone who knows nothing about engines? :RollEyes:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, not a daft question, but prohibtively expensive, do they not do an auto version of your current M/H?, if so you may get a good deal on one pxing yours.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back