Second water connection? (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
OK. Below the filler for the water tank we have a flap on which is a symbol of a water tap and wavy lines. Lift up the flap and we find a small 'push' type brass connector and a small toggle switch.

No-one seems to know what it is - a gas point for a BBQ was one suggestion (I don't think so because of the water symbology); another suggestion was a connection for an outside shower unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
OK. Below the filler for the water tank we have a flap on which is a symbol of a water tap and wavy lines. Lift up the flap and we find a small 'push' type brass connector and a small toggle switch.

No-one seems to know what it is - a gas point for a BBQ was one suggestion (I don't think so because of the water symbology); another suggestion was a connection for an outside shower unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What about a connection to a pitch which has it's own water tap so that you can pipe water straight into the van from the tap if you get my drift.

Upvote 0

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Could it be an external shower point ?:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
What about a connection to a pitch which has it's own water tap so that you can pipe water straight into the van from the tap if you get my drift.

Ah! Or maybe to pump water from a roller water carrier into the main tank - the switch might activate a water pump - I'll have a play. :Smile:

Upvote 0

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
If the toggle is a tap type thingy rather than electrical I'd guess it's a city fill. Turned one way it will fill the tank, turn it the other and you get fresh water straight into the plumbing. On my RV there's enough pressure so I don't need to run the pump while on city fill.
Hope that helps

Regards
Doug

Upvote 0

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
It's probably mains/city water hook up point so that you don't have to use the pump, however you should fit an inline pressure reducer in the connecting pipe to avoid possible damage!

See here or Linda at Stateside will have one.

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Most of the replies are probabley correct. Its a city water facility. You get a continuos water supply without having to fill your tank with water and carry the weight around.

Problem is finding the ends to fit the various taps/outlets on the camp sites.

The other thing to remeber is that when you are using water from your fresh water tank for lets say a shower, the water goes in to your grey water tank.

Your Grey and Black water tanks are designed to hold the amount that you have in your fresh water.

The problem with city water supply is that without realsing you can overfill your Grey and Black water tanks because you have an unlimited supply of water.

It should only be used when you have a disposal point at hand. Just the way that they do in the usa.

Hope that makes sense, it sounds confusing to me and I wrote it.

Jim :roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back