Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi,

I was warned :Doh:

DVLA have just rejected by V55/5 -basically they have rejected the formal Hymer Certificate of Conformity as it states the MH is a Hymer and not Fiat. I must admit I do think it strange as the base vehicle is a Fiat, but it is a CoC. DVLA are saying I need to go to Fiat and get a CoC from them - anyone with any ideas? I have sent a copy of the letter to the German Dealer. I had sent countless other documents to DVLA including the German Registration docs etc, but the sticking point is my dodgy Certificate of Conformity. Why would Hymer put this on their certificate is it because it is an A Class and as such not a vehicle that has been converted into a Motor Caravan?

At least it is nearly December and as yet do not have a planned trip, but was hoping to go over Xmas for a trial couple of days

Steve

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This is a perfect scenario for a jobsworth outfit to make your life hell.

Fiat supply Hymer with a component, not a vehicle, it could in no way be driven on the road.

Hymer turn that component into a vehicle.

My only suggestion is turn to drink.

Responsibly of course.

OP
OP
T

twerly

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
:Smile:

It's Friday so that is the plan. It is a difficult one as it could be argued as it is an A Class then there is pretty much nothing left of the base vehicle as even the chassis is Al-Co so not Fiat, but then on the other on all other paper work including my insurance the base vehicle is referred to as Fiat. I even left this blank of the form and asked for advice and guidance from DVLA - not just COMPUTER SAYS NO:shout:

I am just glad it is not June/July and In am stuck with my MH on the drive

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How about a new bold thread...

Anyone own a Hymer.....................

Please can I have a look at your c of c, a photocopy would be good.

There might be enough data on a similar one to coax the right one out of FIAT.

For that matter, go looking for Hymers, on the road, at dealers, anywhere.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I have a A class tag axle Hymer on a Fiat Ducato & Alko chassis. Just checked V5 as I thought it says Fiat not Hymer on the V5. Not sure if I have COC will look later and let you know if I have it.

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
I sympathise!

You probably have this already, but I found the people replying to me at Hymer were helpful for the data sheet I needed. I used this email address:

kundendienst@hymer.com

Sorry can't help, if you can't get any joy with the data sheet/coc, threatening involving your MP does seem to work with DVLA!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
send the forms back....a different numpty will see them and have a completely different idea of what is asked/needed.

not too long ago a member asked my advise on getting his van reclassed as a PHGV.

gave him all the info and he then went to his local DVLA office.........request rejected on the grounds...."you cant do that"

i suggested he return the next day and see a different desk jockey.

he walked out the office with a PHGV tax disc and a promise of a new V5 within 3 weeks.

when the DVLA desk jockeys all start singing from the same hymn sheet it will be a worthwhile service....but until that day comes it will remain 'not fit for purpose'

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
send the forms back....a different numpty will see them and have a completely different idea of what is asked/needed.

not too long ago a member asked my advise on getting his van reclassed as a PHGV.

gave him all the info and he then went to his local DVLA office.........request rejected on the grounds...."you cant do that"

he walked out the office with a PHGV tax disc and a promise of a new V5 within 3 weeks.

when the DVLA desk jockeys all start singing from the same hymn sheet it will be a worthwhile service....but until that day comes it will remain 'not fit for purpose'

This is ok if you have a local office but now they will shortly be all gone then you have got to trust the post and some faceless person at Swansea to get it right if not it's all got to start again probably a month later when they have got round to it:Sad:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
DVLA Swansea is good when its a totally automated item like a new tax disc, once a human PC Jobsworth gets involved, ..................................................

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This is ok if you have a local office but now they will shortly be all gone then you have got to trust the post and some faceless person at Swansea to get it right if not it's all got to start again probably a month later when they have got round to it:Sad:

DVLA offices have all been closed down (those which are still open will not process anything, only check things for you and forward them to SA99) which is why i said at the beginning....post the forms back.

could take a long time but what options are there, apart from a personal visit to SA99.....if you can appear in person...maybe not ?.

OP
OP
T

twerly

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Thanks for all the replies, I have sent email to my German dealer, he is contacting Hymer. Though I bet they say their CoC is correct.!
Agree that if I just fill in and sent to DVLA with Hymer as the vehicle make another clerk will just accept it. It is costing £10 in registered post each time I send the forms back.
Steve

Daedalus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2013
North Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hymer CoC

How about a new bold thread...

Anyone own a Hymer.....................

Please can I have a look at your c of c, a photocopy would be good.

There might be enough data on a similar one to coax the right one out of FIAT.

For that matter, go looking for Hymers, on the road, at dealers, anywhere.

Here you go - you'll note that Fiat is shown in both the 'base vehicle manufacturer name and address' and 'base vehicle manufacturer'.

This CoC was obtained from Hymer, Bad Waldsee earlier this year and is a translation of the German original.

Daedalus

Attachments

• Certificate Of Conformity (Hymer).doc
    30 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
T

twerly

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi,

thanks for posting your translated CoC, interesting that my official Hymer CoC fails to mention Fiat at all. I spent hours going through Google Translate for each of the fields and managed to complete all the V55/5 with the exception of the Make and Model as I also though it strange to put Hymer as the Make. Annoyed as I asked help from DVLA and pointed out the discrepancy - big mistake:Smile:

I have had a helpful email from an importer who has suggested completing in a Mutual Recognition Certificate (or similar from DVA Bristol) £100. This may have to be the back-up plan.

I have just found some more paper work and may have located a copy of the original documents from Fiat to Hymer, though it does not mention Certificate Of Conformity - can see some more Google Translate coming on.....this time with some Rioja :thumb:

Cheers again

Steve

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I hardly dare mention this in public in case I get my vehicle impounded, but here goes:

I have a van conversion, so apart from a few windows & some fancy decals that I haven't yet got the hairdryer to, it looks remarkably like a Fiat Ducato delivery van. It even has Fiat badges front & back.

It is marketed in the UK as a Globecar Campscout.

My CoC is from Dethleffs & it's in German. The conversion is done in their factory. You can watch them do in about 6 minutes flat on YouTube if you want to.
The words Fiat & Ducato do not appear anywhere.
Possi does, which is the name under which Globecar are sold in (I think) both Italy & Germany.
Globecar appears, as does Dethleffs.
Even IVECO S.p.a. Turin get a look in.

I appreciate that this is no help whatever to the OP, but it does point up the inconsistencies. I've no idea what, if anything else the dealer may have submitted to the DVLA, but that's what eventually found its way back to me.

There must have been some cross-referencing somewhere, because the V5C refers to a FIAT DUCATO MOTOR CARAVAN with no mention of anything from the CoC as far as names are concerned, although of course all the other details are the same, such as the Type Approval number, the VIN & so on.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

The staff at my local office in NOTTM are brilliant , nothing to much trouble. WHAT A SHAME THIS GOVERNMENT ARE CLOSING LOCAL OFFICES. BUSBY:Smile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, just to confuse things a bit more, my Mercedes Benz Sprinter - based Hymer is registered as a DAIMLER!
Cheers, Dave:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Here you go - you'll note that Fiat is shown in both the 'base vehicle manufacturer name and address' and 'base vehicle manufacturer'.

This CoC was obtained from Hymer, Bad Waldsee earlier this year and is a translation of the German original.

Daedalus
Ooh, I've not seen one of those in that big fat plastic Hymer wallet, full of documentation and instruction booklets. :whatthe: Ours is an imported Hymer, purchased from Campirama in Belguim, by the first owner. I'll have to go and have a look for that later.

Twerly, I don't know your exact location in Warwicks, but the Birmingham DVLA office looks to be your nearest local office. Have a chat with someone there, before making a trip.
DVLA 30 GRANBY AVENUE, GARRETTS GREEN, BIRMINGHAM B33 0SD
Telephone 0300 790 6802

I did look for a local number for you, but apparently 0300 numbers replaced the 0870, and now cost the same as dialling 01/02 numbers.

HTH,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back