Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
any recommendations for cheap smart phone deals that allow unlimited tethering to a tablet/netbook .[i know in theory all devices can be connected together but i have heard that some providers dont approve !] the majority of monthly deals i have seen offered seem to include 500mb of data, is this enough for daily [mhf /ebay etc] web browsing ? regards garry

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just changed my smart phone from a iPhone 3 to a 4, I'm with o2, unlimited minutes, unlimited text and 1Gb of data. The good thing with o2 is if you get near to your limit on data they send you an text warning you. I tether all the time, when in my van to my iPad the only problem you might have is when you have finished tethering remember to un-tether or you will rack up your data use. I'm on a contract of £27.00 a month. :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Just changed my smart phone from a iPhone 3 to a 4, I'm with o2, unlimited minutes, unlimited text and 1Gb of data. The good thing with o2 is if you get near to your limit on data they send you an text warning you. I tether all the time, when in my van to my iPad the only problem you might have is when you have finished tethering remember to un-tether or you will rack up your data use. I'm on a contract of £27.00 a month. :thumb:

Ditto works for me too :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If you want totally unlimited tethering in the UK, the One Plan on "3" is possibly the best option.

You can have a new iPhone 4s for free on a pay monthly contract.

The One Plan.

All-you-can-eat data
2,000 minutes inclusive calls.
5,000 Three-to-Three minutes.
5,000 texts

It will cost £35 a month but it is completely unlimited. When we are away I have 4 devices tethered to my phone and we can all on-line at the same time and streaming Sky Sports, browsing, watching movies You tube etc. at the same time.

One Gb of data would hardly let me watch a live match on Sky Sports on the iPad.:Sad:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If you want totally unlimited tethering in the UK, the One Plan on "3" is possibly the best option.

The One Plan.

All-you-can-eat data
5,000 Three-to-Three minutes.TV
5,000 texts

It will cost £35 a month but it is completely unlimited. When we are away I have 4 devices tethered to my phone and we can all on-line at the same time and streaming Sky Sports, browsing, watching movies You tube etc. at the same time.

One Gb of data would hardly let me watch a live match on Sky Sports on the iPad.:Sad:
... Furthermore I believe those 3 plans automatically upgrade to 4g at Christmaswhen 3 ghot to 4g

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
... Furthermore I believe those 3 plans automatically upgrade to 4g at Christmaswhen 3 ghot to 4g

That is absolutely correct, as long as you have a 4G device of course......:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
'3' also do a reduced version of the 'One plan' called 'Ultimate Internet 100' starting at £13+ (depends on what phone you go for) so if you don't want to pay as much each month, don't want a 'posh' phone, and don't want so many minutes, but still need unlimited data this would be the one to go for!

All-you-can-eat data
100 minutes inclusive calls.
5,000 texts

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searc...cending&PAY_MONTHLY=&subCategoryType=ULTIMATE

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i did look at 3 but the way i read their deal was that although the data was unlimited on the lower priced plans there was a restriction on tethering on anything other than the higher priced ONE plan . i will look at it again though cheers .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

The One Plan.

All-you-can-eat data
5,000 Three-to-Three minutes.
5,000 texts

That looks good.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i did look at 3 but the way i read their deal was that although the data was unlimited on the lower priced plans t[HI]here was a restriction on tethering on anything other than the higher priced ONE plan . i will look at it again though cheers .[[/HI]/QUOTE]

this is absolutely correct, tethering is only free on the "one Plan" but still a great deal:thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We all have 3, not a brilliant signal where we live ( none are really) but we don't need to worry about data usage. Mother in Law has a sim only contract for her Galaxy, about £15 a month with far more data than she will ever use.
Allan

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Cor.....wish I could get that when abroad, just managed to get 1gb on a 12 monthly contract for £20 a month otherwise £40 a month on a monthly rolling contract.
I don't know how the UK can do it so cheap?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back