Be Careful Where You Park..... (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I tend to consider myself a "Man of The World" but just lately I'm starting to realise that I may be a little more naive than I first thought.
Last weekend we decided to take the MH out and stretch her legs a bit by way of a jolly little jaunt around the Lincolnshire countryside, culminating in a nice cuppa in a Picnic Area on the way back home.
Bearing in mind that this was mid-afternoon on a fairly bright Sunday I wasn't particularly phased by the number of cars in the area when we pulled up.
It wasn't until we'd been sat there a while contemplating the view over coffee and a biscuit that it suddenly became apparent what had been bugging me since we rolled in.
All the cars were occupied by single men (i.e. Only one as opposed to Single as in "Not Married"!!), anyway..... As we sat looking out of the window we noticed that a number of them were admiring the MH...or at least we thought they were until it dawned on us what they were actually looking at.....US!!
I have a feeling that we'd inadvertently happened upon a local "Dogging Hotspot!!"
We packed up pretty sharpish and headed out and as soon as we did at least half the cars followed suit....Not Impressed!!!! :Eeek:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Nah, they were probably just gasping for a cuppa. You know, single men, no wives at home to make them a nice pot of tea....

Allan

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have a feeling that we'd inadvertently happened upon a local "Dogging Hotspot!!"
[HI]We packed up pretty sharpish and headed out and as soon as we did at least half the cars followed suit....Not Impressed!!!![/HI] :Eeek:

Why were you not impressed?

Was it because only just half of them followed suit......:winky:
:winky:

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Perhaps it was when you flashed the headlights:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It happened to us wilding it one night!

Cars, pulling up, flashing brake lights and the like. It clicked with us after a while and we moved on!:roflmto:

Maybe Jim could post a link to 'dogginguk.com' on the wild camping threads so we can all double check before parking up for the night!!:roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
What's dogging?

Is it they were wanting to take their dogs for a walk with you?

I'm so naive ::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fascinating Aida - very funny indeed. The dogging one is hilarious. Anyone gets the chance, they are well worth seeing live.

Never happened to us, thank goodness - the nearest we get to it (thank goodness) is actually walking a real one.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Loved the video, always wondered what dogging was, New name for what we all got up to in the old days when we had nowhere else to do it but the car!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It strikes me that a six-berth motorhome could be rented out quite profitably as accommodation for their nefarious activities while the MH owner goes off and takes the dog for a walk. You could also hire step ladders for any voyeurs wanting to see why the Luton is creaking so much. A whole new angle on MH hire.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I tend to consider myself a "Man of The World" but just lately I'm starting to realise that I may be a little more naive than I first thought.
Last weekend we decided to take the MH out and stretch her legs a bit by way of a jolly little jaunt around the Lincolnshire countryside, culminating in a nice cuppa in a Picnic Area on the way back home.
Bearing in mind that this was mid-afternoon on a fairly bright Sunday I wasn't particularly phased by the number of cars in the area when we pulled up.
It wasn't until we'd been sat there a while contemplating the view over coffee and a biscuit that it suddenly became apparent what had been bugging me since we rolled in.
All the cars were occupied by single men (i.e. Only one as opposed to Single as in "Not Married"!!), anyway..... As we sat looking out of the window we noticed that a number of them were admiring the MH...or at least we thought they were until it dawned on us what they were actually looking at.....US!!
We packed up pretty sharpish and headed out and as soon as we did at least half the cars followed suit....Not Impressed!!!! :Eeek:

I know the feeling....as this happened to us exactly the same...this place was a lay by... a stretch of road left over from the old road one just set back off the present road between Bridlington to Hull but nearer to Hull...we had come back to the UK for a months holiday from France and decided to stop for some lunch.....cars kept coming in and out of the lay by even the same cars maybe 5 to 10 times in a short period of time....and as they passed us the would look into our windows....all single men.....then a second car would pull up close behind them..I am talking many cars.. new cars and many expensive ones, 4 wheel drive top jobs vehicles..this was a midweek mid-day .........so we moved on very quickly after we realised what was happing :Eeek: ....it put me off my lunch:cry:.....it must have been a meeting place for men ..I would have thought the council could put a stop to this..nefarious activities:Doh:...this was a long layby 500m+ made to look very tacky... taken over men meeting men...it was like the red light district in London Soho...maybe it should be called the Blue candle light district of east Yorkshire:ROFLMAO:

I am not anti Gay....but hey ...come on (Whoops sorry about the pun it was not intentional)... there is a time and place if you must....try your own home...or are there wives still at home house keeping:Angry:.don't spoil the country side.....

This has happened twice after the Uk lay by...once in France...on a aire at Boulogne...and the other was at JJ wild spot..JJ asked us to meet up with him near Cascais / Lisbon / Portugal....so it looks world wide:Doh:

Last edited:

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967

on a lot of the wild beaches in southern Spain you get this happening, the place is full of guys just sat in there cars watching you. As you are a M/H you cause a lot of interest, after a while you get used to it and take no notice of them. The worst thing that happened to us was in France we were traveling along a ' chair area ' about lunch time so pulled into a lay by at the side of a wood, cooked our dinner and was sat there eating it, when a big car pulled up and a young girl got out and went into the wood and the car went of, funny we thought, in a few minutes the girl came out dressed for work ( well more undressed ) came over to the van and in no uncertain terms told us to f.... of as this was her spot and if didn't her pimp would come and move us. So like you wrong place wrong time. I hasten to add we left very quickly without doing the washing up.

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Joking apart, I don't really care what people get up to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else but there ought to be "Designated Areas" for such activity, similar to the Red Light Areas in some European countries.
I wouldn't have been too happy if I'd turned up there with a young family for a picnic.
When my daughter was a toddler we often used to spend a lazy afternoon at one of the more remote Picnic Areas along the East Coast.
We'd take the dog and enough food for the day and spend time on the beach away from the crowds and the amusements etc.
I'm not sure I'd do the same thing now though :Sad:.

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I hated leaving what was stood out side.
That didn't bother me, in fact I was quite happy to....especially the big hairy one with the glazed look on his face :Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This puts me in mind of the Rest Stop arrest in the movie "Something about Mary" Seven Minute Abs":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm reminded of two occasions from my childhood and youth:

When I was about 8 my friend had a birthday party picnic in the countryside, and we (inevitably) ended up having a game of hide and seek. Three of us decided to dash off down a lane and duck down behind what appeared to be an empty car parked in a field gateway. At some point all three of us decided to bob up and look inside the car, and sure enough there was a 'courting' couple spread out across the front bench seat. I can still remember the look on the girl's face as my mate exclaimed 'Ooooooooooooooooooh' before we all high tailed it back up the lane to the safety of the picnic site.

Second occasion was returning from a band practice along a dark country lane with Church Lads' Brigade in our battered old Bedford minibus. A car was pulled in by the local airfield with all its windows steamed up, so our company leader decided to have a laugh. We wound all the windows down, opened the back door, quietly got all the instruments ready, and with the driver crawling past the lay-by in low gear we treated the occupants of the car to a rousing chorus of 'Come and Join Us', with bugles, bass drum, snare drums, cymbals and me on my triangle. Oh how we laughed as we sped off into the night at a heart-stopping 27mph.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Inew cars and many expensive ones, 4 wheel drive top jobs vehicles..this was a midweek mid-day .........so we moved on very quickly after we realised what was happing :Eeek: ....

well that will be the members of the judiciary and Parliament, top civil servants etc etc then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
I know the feeling....as this happened to us exactly the same...this place was a lay by... a stretch of road left over from the old road one just set back off the present road between Bridlington to Hull but nearer to Hull...we had come back to the UK for a months holiday from France and decided to stop for some lunch.....cars kept coming in and out of the lay by even the same cars maybe 5 to 10 times in a short period of time....and as they passed us the would look into our windows....all single men.....then a second car would pull up close behind them..I am talking many cars.. new cars and many expensive ones, 4 wheel drive top jobs vehicles..this was a midweek mid-day .........so we moved on very quickly after we realised what was happing :Eeek: ....it put me off my lunch:cry:.....it must have been a meeting place for men ..I would have thought the council could put a stop to this..nefarious activities:Doh:...this was a long layby 500m+ made to look very tacky... taken over men meeting men...it was like the red light district in London Soho...maybe it should be called the Blue candle light district of east Yorkshire:ROFLMAO:

I am not anti Gay....but hey ...come on (Whoops sorry about the pun it was not intentional)... there is a time and place if you must....try your own home...or are there wives still at home house keeping:Angry:.don't spoil the country side.....

This has happened twice after the Uk lay by...once in France...on a aire at Boulogne...and the other was at JJ wild spot..JJ asked us to meet up with him near Cascais / Lisbon / Portugal....so it looks world wide:Doh:

Aaahhh Hull........City of Culture?...".....methinks not :ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Aaahhh Hull........City of Culture?...".....methinks not :ROFLMAO:

I suppose they could have been illegals:RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At least us two think a like ....or should I say great minds......Chocolate Labradors:thumb:

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
But has it ever happened the other way round ??

A gathering of MH'ers all innocently drinking together etc, when along comes a lost dogger thinking he's (or maybe she's) found doggerheaven until he realises his mistake !

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
But has it ever happened the other way round ??

....along comes a lost dogger thinking he's (or maybe she's) found doggerheaven until he realises his mistake !
I never looked at that possibility...Imagine it, you're driving around in the dark feeling just a little horny when you spy a small encampment at your favourite spot.
You drive in, park up and hastily set about loosening your belt before launching yourself into the merry ensemble all SWOLLEN with eager anticipation....AND THEN.....You're captured by a bunch of drunken MHers, tied to a deck chair and forced to sit and watch them all playing scrabble and doing cross stitch til dawn!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Fascinating Aida - very funny indeed. The dogging one is hilarious. Anyone gets the chance, they are well worth seeing live.

Never happened to us, thank goodness - the nearest we get to it (thank goodness) is actually walking a real one.

Totally agree, saw them at Guildford - try this one ::bigsmile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAy0AhKKsk"]Fascinating Aida - Down With The Kids - NEW SONG! NEW DVD! - YouTube[/ame]

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back