Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you use club sites, then here are the prices you'll be paying next year.

Broken Link Removed

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
At the moment we are still members of the caravan club, but every year it gets more difficult to justify re joining, because of the cost of sites even the 5c sites are getting quite expensive, when with a M/H all you really need is a place to park. before a 5c owner says we can not make a living if we do not increase prices, a 5c operation is not a way to make a living but an addition to your income, we stay on a few sites that are £5 a night ( our limit ) as one farmer says what he makes on the 5c pays his car tax and insurance plus a bit. I think the caravan club should start to think about catering for the M/H owners more, and have a section with just a tap and w/c dumping point, at a sensible price where we can park over night, there are hundreds of us that do not wont showers and all the other things tuggers wont. There does seem to be more M/H on the road now and the idea of the M/H is to have freedom to go where you wont and be independent, but with some of the site rent prices now it would be just as cheap to go B/B.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
our use of full caravan club sites has dropped year on year ever since we joined. this last 12 months we have stayed as few as 9 nights on full blown sites. we have been increasingly put off by both the creeping prices and continuous addition of rules and regulations. agreed some are needed as not all club members are as considerate to each other as perhaps we would like.

we now mainly use CLs when in the UK. so will probably keep our membership for access to website and up to date book on them, although many allow non members at the same price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
our use of full caravan club sites has dropped year on year ever since we joined. this last 12 months we have stayed as few as 9 nights on full blown sites. we have been increasingly put off by both the creeping prices and continuous addition of rules and regulations. agreed some are needed as not all club members are as considerate to each other as perhaps we would like.

we now mainly use CLs when in the UK. so will probably keep our membership for access to website and up to date book on them, although many allow non members at the same price.

Most motor home owners do the same as you

I use pubs , restraunts any where with a large car park
Pay for a drink or meal move on a few days later many have out side tap
Only use a camp site once every few weeks. For washing etc :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

My wife insists I wash every day. :Sad:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Afraid it is much to do with supply and demand, our limited experience shows that they are often stuffed to capacity . We are like many more motorhomers though and avoiding them where possible, we have discovered the benefits of the Caravan and Camping clubs temporary holiday sites and much prefer them

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger

I beg to differ my experience with cc sites is that they are full and a heavy percentage is Motor Homes and the last thing I want is to stay 5 nights in a car park

Bill

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
our price remains at £7 per van per night same as the last 3 years. you're right its not a living, never will be 5 vans does not give you a hope in hell of earning a living but it still does not mean we are expected to do it for nowt. We have the same overheads as a50 van site, re taxes and water/drainage charges. Council tax etc. All has to come from someplace and not much left over at the end of the day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back