Step Needs Repairing (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Whilst away at the weekend I noticed the bottom electric slide out step on the Winnebago felt spongy.

So yesterday I took the rug off and discovered it had slowly been rusting away. The front strengthening beam has totally gone.

Can the steps be replaced without having to get motor/control gear? Or do you reckon it would be worth getting welded?

Regards

Chris

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
PM me the model number of your step Chris and I can have a look for you but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

It may be worth having a bash at welding it, you've nothing to lose.....best take it off the RV first though :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Linda,

Thanks for that.

Climbed under this morning all suited up! Very difficult to see how it would all come off. I am sure it would so will check again once I am wearing my overalls!

Not sure sure if there will be a part number anywhere but will check the manual later.

Regards

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
If you have a manual Chris, the model number should be listed......as for getting it off.....being a Winnie you can guarantee they won't have made it easy :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
weld it in place but disconnect ALL of your batteries first. And protect from splatter.
Or pop rivit a strengthening bar in place. Job done. Bring it down, have weekend in Devon and I'll do it for you, bottle of scotch should cover it, no charge for weekend camp.

Last edited:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
weld it in place but disconnect ALL of your batteries first. And protect from splatter.
Or pop rivit a strengthening bar in place. Job done. Bring it down, have weekend in Devon and I'll do it for you, bottle of scotch should cover it, no charge for weekend camp.

There you go Chris....an offer you can't refuse and a perfect excuse for another weekend away in the RV! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Roger,

Fantastic offer, many thanks.

Will take you up on a visit one day. As for this job, I just did a calculation for a laugh and worked out it would cost about £221 in petrol to get to you and back :cry:

Just off to see a friend nearby to see if he is OK sorting it out.

Best regards

Chris

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
your welcome Chris but you got the fuel calculation wrong, don't think I'd let that baby out of my field do you?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So just a one way trip. 73 de roger G0DIZ/AG4JD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back