I don't believe it!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We had a lovely lady come to view our motorhome last week and she came back to see it on Friday with her husband as she was keen and knew we had a lot of interest in it as it is in exceptional condition for a 13 yr old motorhome with loads of extras and low mileage. I was showing her how to convert the seating to a bed when we discovered the edge of the chair was a bit wet!! Imagine my shock and embarrassment!! To cut a long story short we discovered a tiny leak coming from the seal on the roof where the water had pooled after a heavy rainfall and it had trickled down the inside of the wall. Luckily the couple were still keen and recognised that we were genuine and we were able to confirm that the recent damp check showed nothing so this was not a historical thing. They are happy to continue with the purchase subject to the roof being resealed and a habitation check confirming a lack of damp so all is not lost however finding a service centre that isn't fully booked until the New Year is a whole new problem!! I am relieved it didn't happen the week after they bought it as they may have thought we knew there was a problem but I am gutted that we now have additional expense and a potentially long wait to get it sorted. :cry::cry:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
you are honest and up front with a solution, and a Funster, nothing else to say but good luck for future with a sell.:clap:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Excellent, found it on EBay £4.95. Will be ordering that tonight!! Thanks again. ::bigsmile:

It's amazing stuff. been using it on boats for years, lent a bottle to a friend with a roof leak on his campervan, dealer had had the van twice & failed to fix a tiny leak, this stuff did it straight off. I also stopped a leak around a screen on a car that the main dealer couldn't sort.
Amazed it's not better known.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If it helps have you tried Becks at Rollesby, up the A140 and 10 minutes from the Acle straight? Little further for you than it was for me from Kings Lynn, 90 minutes or so. If they can do it same day they may loan you a car for a trip out. PM me if I can help at the Norfolk end. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
If it helps have you tried Becks at Rollesby, up the A140 and 10 minutes from the Acle straight? Little further for you than it was for me from Kings Lynn, 90 minutes or so. If they can do it same day they may loan you a car for a trip out. PM me if I can help at the Norfolk end. :thumb:

I haven't heard of them so I will give them a call, thanks. Will let you know if I need help. Appreciate the pointer ::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Tell them a satisfied customer with a Bailey from King's Lynn recommended them, it may get you in quickly. :roflmto:

Edit: And ask for John or Mark

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's amazing stuff. been using it on boats for years, lent a bottle to a friend with a roof leak on his campervan, dealer had had the van twice & failed to fix a tiny leak, this stuff did it straight off. I also stopped a leak around a screen on a car that the main dealer couldn't sort.
Amazed it's not better known.

Why hasn't this stuff been on here before, it seems to be the answer to all these damp patch threads if it's as good as it looks:thumb: anymore experiences of it, at a fiver it's got to be worth a try at least if you have any damp::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back