Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is the toilet in our mh when we flush does the water come from the fresh water tank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 164

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If you haven`t got a small filler cap in the vicinity of the cassette door...

I would say yes... (I may be wrong :winky:) ... :thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Where else were you thinking? :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
It looks like a standard (boggo?:roflmto:) Thetford toilet. To the best of my knowledge, the flush water is from the fresh water tank.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If I remember correctly the flush on this model Thetford is not supplied from the main fresh tank but from it's own holding tank under the bench which will be filled from an external source,probably within the cassette compartment.

On the one we owned you could also access and see into the tank by removing the complete toilet roll holder.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My last van had a separate tank for the flush water, but can't help on your one.................... but .......................... please help this dumbo.

Looking at your photo, how do you use your toilet ..... the sink is over the top of it :Eeek::Eeek:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
My last van had a separate tank for the flush water, but can't help on your one.................... but .......................... please help this dumbo.

Looking at your photo, how do you use your toilet ..... the sink is over the top of it :Eeek::Eeek:

Pull the plug out first!:ROFLMAO:

I should imagine it is a flip up the sink and arch your back/mind your head affair.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Remember that pop group from the '80's who sang "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" Joy? Well that's how they use the toilet! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie

Are you calling me a dumbo?

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
There is no filling hole that I can see

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
There is no filling hole that I can see

Look in the outside locker where you access the cassette ..... I'm sure you will find a plastic filler tube which will swing out so you can remove the cap an refill with water from a watering can or hose, and chemical if you wish. (As shown in picture provided above by GJH)

There will probably also be a sight tube with a red floating bead so you can check the tank level.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
me. i'M THE BLONDE.... KEEP OFF! Being dumb is my prerogat .. peroga... prorogati.... perog ... whatsit!:shout:

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
ok thanks. my wife put a bag by accident on the round flush bit an the left which meant it must have been flushing all night. I noticed this so checked the fresh water tank which was empty I only put about 15 litres in the night before and the level gauge at the front bottom shows half full but before it was not even quarter full.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
ok thanks. my wife put a bag by accident on the round flush bit an the left which meant it must have been flushing all night. I noticed this so checked the fresh water tank which was empty I only put about 15 litres in the night before and the level gauge at the front bottom shows half full but before it was not even quarter full.

Hi. Level gauges can be affected sometimes by whether the van is on the level. Mine, even when on the level, is never completely accurate anyway.:Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

If you are talking about the gauge thingy on your toilet , I think all that is , is weather the cassette is in or out, nothing to do with water, and if it is like our old one which looks identical there is a separate water supply somewhere, ours had one by the water filler outside the van

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

you need to be taken short....get it ? short. :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:whatthe:John, I REALLY am worried now.... even one of our strongest men has come down with Old Mo Flu..... :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

the basin lifts up into the wall....:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back