Santander campsite? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Arriving in Santander from Poole mid/late afternoon a week this coming Wednesday and making our eventual way to the Gib border.
In view of limited daylight left after we clear the port, I am considering staying overnight at a Santander campsite rather than concern ourselves finding a campsite one or two hours down the road and panicking when we can't.
Do any funsters have any recommendations for a secure campsite in or near Santander?
Thanks.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Arriving in Santander from Poole mid/late afternoon a week this coming Wednesday and making our eventual way to the Gib border.
In view of limited daylight left after we clear the port, I am considering staying overnight at a Santander campsite rather than concern ourselves finding a campsite one or two hours down the road and panicking when we can't.
Do any funsters have any recommendations for a secure campsite in or near Santander?
Thanks.

Stayed at camping Santillana – 20 mins from Santander. Try and visit the town if you have time, one of the most beautiful small towns in Spain we have visited.

Website

43.392867,-4.112959

When we visited there was a sign at the entrance to ‘pay in the main area’ – which we found was closed up for the winter. :whatthe: So a free stop with electrics, a few other vans also parked up with us – but might have been a one off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Not a campsite but 25 Km from Santander there is the aire at Cabarceno

N43 21.486 W003 49.186

It is free and I can promise it will not disappoint you the only downside is there is no electric points but the upside is, depending where you park, you can have elephants right in front of you and several nice eating places in the village-----well worth a tiny de-tour

All three pictures are within 50 metres of where you will be parked and if you are not used to aires I can promise you it is a safe as any campsite

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not a campsite but 25 Km from Santander there is the aire at Cabarceno

N43 21.486 W003 49.186

It is free and I can promise it will not disappoint you the only downside is there is no electric points but the upside is, depending where you park, you can have elephants right in front of you and several nice eating places in the village-----well worth a tiny de-tour

All three pictures are within 50 metres of where you will be parked and if you are not used to aires I can promise you it is a safe as any campsite

Looks like we will be the same scenario... arriving 5-30pm..

So will be looking to do the same...

Can you remember if there is room for a M.Home with trailer, or are trailers shunned..?

Thanks..

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Mo ignore the bit that is signed as the aire go in the big car-park there is sufficient room for a circus at this time of the year--maybe different in mid-season, three big RV's there when we were about a month ago and no need to un-hitch

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo ignore the bit that is signed as the aire go in the big car-park there is sufficient room for a circus at this time of the year--maybe different in mid-season, three big RV's there when we were about a month ago and no need to un-hitch

Thanks Alan..... I answered your original thread, and thought I must write that down for future reference, but forgot... :RollEyes:

I`ll have some of that in a few weeks.. :thumb:

See you in 3 - 4 weeks... :drink:::bigsmile:

PS.... If there is anything small`ish you want bringing out.... shout before the 11th Dec.. :thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We stayed at Cabarceno in sept, initially for one night. We stayed for 5 nights. Fresh water and dump on site, with clean drinking water almost alongside from the spring.
There is enough room to turn an artic around there Mo. And so peaceful, yet one minutes walk for a meal and drink.
We spent a whole day in the wild life park (42e for us 2 and the truck) and it was worth every cent. Absolutely fabulous! The best park we have ever seen.
A lovely quiet site, convenient, and free. We will definately use this place again.

Craig

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Forgot to mention, it's less than an hours run to get there. 45 minutes if i remember correctly.

Craig

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks, Craig... :thumb:

Hope your enjoying your galavanting ... :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Thanks, Craig... :thumb:

Hope your enjoying your galavanting ... :thumb:

We were enjoying it Mo, but we flew home from Gib last wednesday, and i am still in shock. I can't muster up enough energy to venture outside in this dark, cloudy, damp and dull weather. I was getting used to the sunshine, and now it's gone.......
Cannot wait for the 10th Jan when we return to continue our travels.

Craig

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
We were enjoying it Mo, but we flew home from Gib last wednesday, and i am still in shock. I can't muster up enough energy to venture outside in this dark, cloudy, damp and dull weather. I was getting used to the sunshine, and now it's gone.......
Cannot wait for the 10th Jan when we return to continue our travels.

Craig

Hope all goes well... :thumb:

Might bump into you in Jan... :drink:::bigsmile:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
That would be nice Mo! I may even buy you a drink. Why i don't know.
We fly back to Gib on the 10th Jan, and back up to Camping Roche, at Conil de la Frontera to collect my RV, for a week.
Then towards Gib for fuel and provisions at Morrison's. Then to Manilva for a week or so.
Then trundle along the Med coast.
Where will you be in Jan Mo?

Craig

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
That would be nice Mo! I may even buy you a drink. Why i don't know.
We fly back to Gib on the 10th Jan, and back up to Camping Roche, at Conil de la Frontera to collect my RV, for a week.
Then towards Gib for fuel and provisions at Morrison's. Then to Manilva for a week or so.
Then trundle along the Med coast.
Where will you be in Jan Mo?

Craig

All over the place till January the 10th or there abouts when we are going to "Zahora" to meet up with a few... few weeks after that onto Portugal for a few weeks before heading home in March (Sometime)..

If you have nothing on, Marie (Penelopepitstop) and I are having a joint birthday bash at Zahora... Flamenco Dancers, Paella and Sangria evening/Night at the bar at the site..

We had one a couple of years ago, and it was a fantastic night... on a nice site...

All are welcome if they are in the area,,,,, but will have to arrange your own site booking with the campsite...

Not far from Gib... :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
All over the place till January the 10th or there abouts when we are going to "Zahora" to meet up with a few... few weeks after that onto Portugal for a few weeks before heading home in March (Sometime)..

If you have nothing on, Marie (Penelopepitstop) and I are having a joint birthday bash at Zahora... Flamenco Dancers, Paella and Sangria evening/Night at the bar at the site..

We had one a couple of years ago, and it was a fantastic night... on a nice site...

All are welcome if they are in the area,,,,, but will have to arrange your own site booking with the campsite...

Not far from Gib... :thumb:

Lord above! That is so very close, it may be too good to miss!

Craig

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Lord above! That is so very close, it may be too good to miss!

Craig

Now`s your chance to buy all them "Funsters"... you said you would buy a drink when you have been sat on that funny three legged Island... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Your down in my little black joke book on the back page for at least 6 Spanish Sweet White Wines you have promised me over the years...:winky::thumb:

Would be good to see you... :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back