HELP (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just went to the van ( Autotrail Tracker ) and the vehicle battery is flat... !! I thought the Sargent 325 was supposed to balance the charge to whichever set of batteries needed it. ??
Is this what some of you mean by "Fit a B to B link" ?? I do have a C tek type charger (Aldi version ) and I can plug that in and leave it on permanently, as the van is on 'hook-up...
All advice gratefully received.. Mitch... PS.. when I go to the control panel above the hab door and turn it on, It shows full battery on both hab and veh... Ta much in advance... M.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not too sure how much help I can be other sharing your plight, I had the same last week on a CL, had to be jump started

Did you say your MH is on hook up? If so my thought is that your cab battery should be topped up by that, but might be wrong

When I flattened mine I had left an inverter plugged in to cab cigar lighter, but the controller showed 12.5V on cab battery, but as soon as I turned ignition on this dropped to 9V

However we occasionally have a starter motor issues where it just clicks, try a few more times and it always goes, this might be your problem rather than flat battery, unless you have that awful slow turn over clue!!

I will follow other replies ref B2B I think I need that fitting on mine

good luck

David

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
On the control panel on our van you choose which to charge while on hook up, either vehicle or leisure. Just been out and switched mine over, usually switch to vehicle battery for a few days each month (on hook up all the time)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
On the control panel on our van you choose which to charge while on hook up, either vehicle or leisure. Just been out and switched mine over, usually switch to vehicle battery for a few days each month (on hook up all the time)

How do you "select" which one please.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
How do you "select" which one please.

different control panels have differing methods.

earlier Swifts had a 3 position rocker switch marked with cab-off-hab
press switch to whichever needed charge.
could use the same swith to select which battery to use off hookup...or centre position would turn off all 12v power.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
different control panels have differing methods.

earlier Swifts had a 3 position rocker switch marked with cab-off-hab
press switch to whichever needed charge.
could use the same swith to select which battery to use off hookup...or centre position would turn off all 12v power.
Mine is quite different on an Autotrail 840SE, all toggle switch and digital read outs.:Doh:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just been out and got photo, is yours anything like this.

Attachments

• 2013-11-23 002.jpg
    2013-11-23 002.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Have just gone out and switched to 'vehicle' on the panel above the Hab door and just to play safe, left the power switch on the same panel, in the 'on' position, although I doubt that that will be necessary.. Will see what tomorrow brings !!!! Ta folks !! Mitch..

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have just gone out and switched to 'vehicle' on the panel above the Hab door and just to play safe, left the power switch on the same panel, in the 'on' position, although I doubt that that will be necessary.. Will see what tomorrow brings !!!! Ta folks !! Mitch..
I assumed that it had to be "selected" rather than just have it showing in the window?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Battery charging

Just went to the van ( Autotrail Tracker ) and the vehicle battery is flat... !! I thought the Sargent 325 was supposed to balance the charge to whichever set of batteries needed it. ??
Is this what some of you mean by "Fit a B to B link" ?? I do have a C tek type charger (Aldi version ) and I can plug that in and leave it on permanently, as the van is on 'hook-up...
All advice gratefully received.. Mitch... PS.. when I go to the control panel above the hab door and turn it on, It shows full battery on both hab and veh... Ta much in advance... M.

My Autotracker switches automatically between the leisure and vehicle batteries.

Often the selection switch Top RH out of the four just lights up by its self.

We leave our Tracker on the drive and it is permenently plugged in.

Hope this helps. :thumb::thumb:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
In that case the button with the battery icon switches the charge between batteries. As I say I switch it to the vehicle battery for a couple of days each month, if I haven't had it out for a run.
Many thanks, I'll switch it over tomorrow and see how I get on, this forum is a great tool.
Thanks to all who have posted.
Cal

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Battery charging on hook-up.

Very many thanks to you all for the advice, I went out today and it started without a problem.
MIKE D, You said your tracker switches automatically between the two ??? I wonder why ours doesn't ?? I might send Sargent an Email and ask them whats what..!! Mitch..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back