Easter 2014 At Chester Food Festival (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Would you like to spend Easter with us camping a few yards from the centre of Chester? On the racecourse? Of course you would. Easter is late next year. 3 years ago it was late and we had glorious sunny weather throughout, so I'm demanding the same.

We get to spend the whole of Easter chatting, eating and drinking with other funsters, wandering around the great city of Chester, and dipping in and out of the Food and Drink Festival as many times as we like Sat-Sun & Mon (free entry for us £6-£14 per visit for the general public)

It costs just £40 per person for the for whole Easter period, kids are a Tenner. Dogs are welcome in the camping area and race course but are not allowed into the food festival. However Funsters who book in before the end of January will get 15% discount on those prices,

Broken Link Removedhttp://chesterfoodanddrink.co.uk/

It really is a nice way to spend Easter, much better than some old boring campsite filled to the gunnels. Shout up here if you want to come this year its from the 17th to the 22nd of April and from there we'll head straight up to the Peterborough show - Perfect::bigsmile:

Once booked please fill this form in.. Thanks Broken Link Removed

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sounds great, I will book when it becomes available, also Peterborough then on to Norfolk to catch up with friends. The plans a good'un:thumb:.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile:Hi Jim,
Please put us two down as certs, it sounds good !!
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hopefully, there won't be icycles hanging off our vans this year. Never been so cold in my life as last year ..... but love this meet ... just sorry Carol and Eddie will be missing.:Sad:

Brian, Are you joining us all on the ghost walk.:Blush:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Chester and then on to Peterborough sounds like a plan to us Jim.:thumb:

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hopefully, there won't be icycles hanging off our vans this year. Never been so cold in my life as last year ..... but love this meet ... just sorry Carol and Eddie will be missing.:Sad:

Brian, Are you joining us all on the ghost walk.:Blush:

The first time we did this meet it was a really sunny Easter, I remember I was generating so much leccy from my vans 3 solar panels, I was able to give Champers a 6amp hook up for the whole weekend. Here's hoping:thumb:

A pic from 2011
Ready_for_coffee3.jpg

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Ah go on then why not.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ah yes remember that scorching hot sunny weekend .... then ............. what a difference a year makes!!!!:Eeek:

icy-morning.jpg

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
As I'm normally a grumpy git. Looking at their website, Why is it that it costs a motorhomer £5 more than a caravanner ?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
As I'm normally a grumpy git. Looking at their website, Why is it that it costs a motorhomer £5 more than a caravanner ?

:Angry: Does it? Didn't know that.. maybe we should all say something to them via an e-mail ... not mentioning this forum .. just as individuals.:Angry:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Yummy, yes please, it would be rude not to.
Chester sounds a bit north but I'll be brave.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
go on then jim can u please add myself and kathy + 2 dogs .thanks.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Can you put me down as a mabe please Jim never been to a food festival :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Please add us too Jim .. how could we not:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ,

Oh dear oh dear seems St Georges day is a few days later ..does that mean our "Welsh van " wont be covered in your St Georges flags again , oh what a shame :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Looking forward to the event :thumb:

John n Kath xx

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Jim please may we come too? I look forward to spending a fortune on stuffed olives, artisan bread and obscure homemade chutney's.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Probably a ground damage thing. The axle weight of a m/home will be considerably more than that of a car & caravan.

I see campervans are also the lower price. I'm wondering where the boundary is - only VW campers or do any metal box van conversions count, I wonder? Is it worth asking the question for a whole five pounds though, I find myself asking? Only represents about a pint & a half of that disgusting brown liquid they sell in plastic glasses at shows. Do they have proper beer, as it's linked to a food festival?

Decent beer or not (have own fridge!), we are interested in this one. I think it's going to be the first meet we will get to. Can I ask old hands if it is reasonably wheelchair friendly? I'm guessing the answer might depend quite a lot on the weather for this one. No hardstanding & mud, if it's wet?

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We've never rallied with the Funsters before so this will be a new experience.
No doubt one we will relish. Especially if the weather is roasting and we're sandwiched between ripened old Funsters looking to be pickled. What's the festival again?
Oh, apart from buying the tickets, is there a "formal" Funster booking?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What's the definition of a campervan?

My 'van is usually the smallest one there and the footprint is the same as a VW day van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back