LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Whilst having my inverter sorted which is under one of the seat`s I noticed a big black speaker,,,, it`s about 16" X 12" X 12"... the electric guy said it was a fantastic size base speaker or sub Woofer..

This M/Home has a full blown pioneer surround sound system... and when we tuned it to how we liked we turned the base down.. (Didn`t like the Boom, Boom, Boom ) made the whole M/Home vibrate..

By all accounts the way we have it set up... there is very little sound coming from this big speaker...

Now could I take it out, thus giving us a big locker for other things... (Spanish Sweet White Wine,, about 12 bottles:winky:)

There are knobs and switches on this speaker with a big blue light.. could I take it out with out interfering with the other speakers.. ???? :Smile:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The sub most likely contains all the power, cross-over and amps for the rest of the speakers so you will need to keep some of it. You may be able to take it out and refit all the electric bits in a smaller enclosure under the seat, something that should be relatively simple.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
could I take it out with out interfering with the other speakers.. ???? :Smile:

Probably, if it's got a switch, switch it off and see what happens.

How many wires go to it ? Maybe 2 singles if it is just a speaker or 4 if it has a built in amplifier in which case 2 are power.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Easy Mo turn it off and see if you like the sound (you may have to use more Bass ) if you like it then simply remove it :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Who owned your van before you Mo, a pimp?::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Who owned your van before you Mo, a pimp?::bigsmile:

A very rich one at that. It's a wonder to behold. The sat system is the envy of NASA who have him on standby in case there's a problem on the ISS.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A very rich one at that. It's a wonder to behold. The sat system is the envy of NASA who have him on standby in case there's a problem on the ISS.

That`s all very well Brian,,, but a thicko like me don't understand half of it..:Sad:

Saying that, we have cracked the internet thingy... always got on the internet where ever we have tried... Just got to see if it works as well, or if I can do it when across the water.. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Keep it simple I say`s...:Smile:

Tried pulling one of the speaker wires off and every thing else (Speaker wise) went off..:Doh:

So rather than fiddle with some thing I know nowt about, decided to leave well alone..:RollEyes:

Thanks guy`s for your help.. :thumb:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
SteelySteph is more than likely quite right about the amp and crossovers in your system.........your average yobby yoof in its hotted-up hatch would have paid a fortune for what you don't like! :roflmto:

Jokes aside, its not too difficult to remove and set up with just "normal" speakers, maybe at a meet sometime, when one of the funsters with the relevant knowhow will be attending?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tried pulling one of the speaker wires off and every thing else (Speaker wise) went off..:Doh:

Life today is not for the faint hearted. Do you remember the days of the six transistor radio. It had volume and tune. And played the Beetles.

These days you need a physics degree to fart.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
[HI][/HI]
Life today is not for the faint hearted. Do you remember the days of the six transistor radio. It had volume and tune. And played the Beetles.

[HI]These days you need a physics degree to fart.
[/HI]

Agreed Brian. At the very least I need advanced warning that it is a fart! :Blush: Otherwise it turns out messy :Eeek:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you still have it on board when you get down here Old-Mo I have some tunes on cds we could use to check out the system!

If it is still within the transfer window who knows?

Maybe a move into a Hymer would be on the cards!

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back