All booked up, but not the ferry... (2 Viewers)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
16th Dec, La Torreta, pop in for a week to see Smudger.. then onto Marjal for 23rd for a couple of weeks..

Then on down to Marbellla area for a few days... then on down to Zahora for about the 10th Jan for a couple of weeks..

Then poodle off up to Portugal, for a few more weeks, and hopefully end up at Jim`s rally, wherever.. ::bigsmile:

Not booked the ferry out "Yet".... if the weather is OK, will pop over the channel and drive down through France, and pop into Parc Verger to see Bob & Di and Munchie.. then shoot across country and stop of to see Garry at "Twin Lakes".. both are my favourite sites in France.. with cracking host`s.. :thumb:

If the weather is *hit will go Portsmouth - Santandar...

Any body else about then.. ?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we dont leave till 27th dec heading for villasol but around the 9th or 10th jan maybe at marjal for a couple of days taking the tunnel as usual but looking to maybe take the santander route back with ld lines they are doing good priced crossings i love the drive but maybe able to stay longer if take the santander route safe journey mate hope to cya down there
around the 16th pete (knuckledragger) and ken (beerdrinker1) will prolly be in beni not sure wat site they will chose till we get there :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sir Mo, we hope to arrive at Benidorm around about the 12th December. We will be pitching up at Villasol, let us know when you arrive at Torretta and we will pay you a visit.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We're off on 3 Dec on Poole-Santander.
Initially heading south to the Gib border where we will stay in La Linea campsite "camping Sur" for a week or so. After that our plan is to head up towards Barcelona as friends have recommended Vilanova as a good place to stay over winter. Can anyone advise on this campsite?
After that, we were planning to head back down to the Malaga get-together and then who knows?
We have never experienced a funster get-together but looking forward to it/them.
(We dont have an identifying badge though. Hope this will not stop us!)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Initially heading south to the Gib border where we will stay in La Linea campsite "camping Sur" for a week or so. After that our plan is to head up towards Barcelona as friends have recommended Vilanova as a good place to stay over winter. Can anyone advise on this campsite?
After that, we were planning to head back down to the Malaga get-together and then who knows?
[HI]We have never experienced a funster get-together but looking forward to it/them.
[/HI]

What ever meet you go to, or whatever funsters you bump into, you will be guaranteed a good time.. :beer::drink::party2:

Drop Jim a line, he will post out a couple of fun window stickers..

Have a great trip.. :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
We have never experienced a funster get-together but looking forward to it/them.

stayed there in late feb good site with a bus link down to the seafront nice bar and restaurant but dont have the suckling pig unless ya wanna back half of a baby pig with tail compete put me orf pork for life :ROFLMAO:
good pitches all with leci and water if i remember right
however was a bit colder there than further south

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Stayed there a couple of times. Make sure they pitch you on top of hill near the mini zoo.(goats etc) as it is sunny up there. The other pitches down near the sawmill are to shady. Nice site but 5 degs cooler than Costa Blanca in winter. You can get train into Barcelona. Good Luck. BUSBY::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
16th Dec, La Torreta, pop in for a week to see Smudger.. then onto Marjal for 23rd for a couple of weeks..

Then on down to Marbellla area for a few days... then on down to Zahora for about the 10th Jan for a couple of weeks..

Then poodle off up to Portugal, for a few more weeks, and hopefully end up at Jim`s rally, wherever.. ::bigsmile:

Not booked the ferry out "Yet".... if the weather is OK, will pop over the channel and drive down through France, and pop into Parc Verger to see Bob & Di and Munchie.. then shoot across country and stop of to see Garry at "Twin Lakes".. both are my favourite sites in France.. with cracking host`s.. :thumb:

If the weather is *hit will go Portsmouth - Santandar...

Any body else about then.. ?

We're off on 4th January, getting euro tunnel, then down to a friend in Hardanges for a couple of days, then pooddle on down through France into Spain then amble to Portugal, going down west coast of Portugal turn left at Cape St. Vincent and the hopefully Jim's (let his name be praised) shindig, anyone for chips down there or jungle juice,:wine: I'll bring the fryer and big bucket. :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

If you go to the home page and scroll down to Resourses, then go to DOWNLOADS you will be able to print off identification for yourself.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have a couple of café con leche ready for us on the 19th of Jan Mo !! :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Have a couple of café con leche ready for us on the 19th of Jan Mo !! :thumb:

Marie and I have put the Flamenco night back a few days John,,, just to make sure your there Mate.. :thumb::drink::party2:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Rough plans

Hi, we will be at villasol 12th Dec, then Marjal in the New Year for a Spa detox :ROFLMAO: before heading to Morocco and then La Bella Vista meet-up. It's the ferry for us both ways.

Hope to meet with others who will be around, as and when..

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007

If it's Vilanova Park you've had recommended it has a brilliant indoor pool. It's usually our first stop in Spain, for a couple of nights. As said, bit cooler than further south and it can be quite damp (humid) amongst all the trees.
Enjoy your trip
Ed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How to recoup some of your diesel money...

Load up with...

Fray Bentos Pies... (no chicken or kidney)

John Smiths Original Bitter (not Smooth)

Angel Delights

Oxo cubes (beef)

Heinz Cream of Tomato and/or Mushroom soups.

Keep the receipts and I know someone who will buy them from you and give you a fair profit... :winky: :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fray Bentos Pies... (no chicken or kidney)
JJ :Cool:

Or beef or pork or fish or lamb or veal or tripe or horse or dog or cat or.....

But the tins are good. High quality plating with superb printing depicting the wet dreams of FB pie purchasers.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
we dont leave till 27th dec heading for villasol but around the 9th or 10th jan maybe at marjal for a couple of days taking the tunnel as usual but looking to maybe take the santander route back with ld lines they are doing good priced crossings i love the drive but maybe able to stay longer if take the santander route safe journey mate hope to cya down there
around the 16th pete (knuckledragger) and ken (beerdrinker1) will prolly be in beni not sure wat site they will chose till we get there :Smile:

We are also setting off on the 27th are you on the! Santander ferry??

Ginny

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Some Great news....

Me surrogate Brother...... Larry and his good lady wife Win...

Are going to try and make "Zahora"... in Jan.... :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Well pleased with that... :clap:

Looks like a lot that were there winter before last will be there..:thumb::drink::beer::party2:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Me surrogate Brother...... Larry and his good lady wife Win...

Are going to try and make "Zahora"... in Jan.... :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Well pleased with that... :clap:

Looks like a lot that were there winter before last will be there..:thumb::drink::beer::party2:

We're there for our 6th winter in Zahora! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We love it!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We're off on 4th January, getting euro tunnel, then down to a friend in Hardanges for a couple of days, then pooddle on down through France into Spain then amble to Portugal, going down west coast of Portugal turn left at Cape St. Vincent and the hopefully Jim's (let his name be praised) shindig, anyone for chips down there or jungle juice,:wine: I'll bring the fryer and big bucket. :ROFLMAO:

Did you get another big bucket as I [STRIKE]blagged[/STRIKE] bought the yellow one off you at Marjal

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
We are also setting off on the 27th are you on the! Santander ferry??

Ginny

no ginny we take the tunnel then drive through france like bats outta hell
well i do linda will be asleep in the back
i will prolly be in beni about the same time as you arrive if its beni ya going to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
no ginny we take the tunnel then drive through france like bats outta hell
well i do linda will be asleep in the back
i will prolly be in beni about the same time as you arrive if its beni ya going to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are heading for La Manga for a few weeks, then malaga with the Funsters. We hope to call at benidorm on the way to Benicassim.

Have a safe journey, at least you won't be crossing the Bay of Biscay :Doh::helpsos:
Ginny and Mike

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
was at benicassim in june was a good place but most places closed there in winter we stayed at bonterra park good camp with a mercadonna directly opposite
have fun and safe roads

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
was at benicassim in june was a good place but most places closed there in winter we stayed at bonterra park good camp with a mercadonna directly opposite
have fun and safe roads

We love Bonterra Park and we're really looking forward to going back after Malaga.

Ginny

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
We cant book the bloody ferry till I get my replacement license back... :censored:2:Angry::censored:2

Hope it will be back next week,,,,,, then we can book and away we go.... :Smile::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back