Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Ok so have left this to the last minute - I have to attend my daughters graduation in Coventry cathedral this week (she dont take after me!) anyone know where I can park the motorhome? I have checked all the normal web places including coventry city councils site with no results.

Any help appreciated

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Don't know Coventry and don't know how big your motorhome is but had look on my AA app for cathedral and there seems to be one on bishop st near the transport museum. tel 024 7683 3671 £2.90 4 hrs £6 for 5 hrs . It looks as though its about a quarter of mile walk :Eeek: If it was me I would probably use the park and ride but it depends on your circumstances of course. Good luck with your search and have good day.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We were there last month in a car, parking and driving around the cathedral is a nightmare, it's a one way system which we found very confusing, strugged to park even with my blue badge. Also pedestrian zones everywhere. You could try google earth,as there were car parks near the bus station. Unless you get a better answer here, I would look into parking outside and taxi it in.

Good luck, take plenty of tissues we sobbed all through our girls grad days!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Here is the entry from the Motorhome Friendly Parking website:

"Coventry City Council. The Council does not have dedicated parking for motorhomes and as there are height restrictions on car parks motor homes may not be able to access them. Parking Services have confirmed that they will put an item on the website advising motor home users who wish to park in the City to contact them direct to arrange a parking space. (Stated 23 October 2013)."

The promised website entry is not yet there so I would phone the Council's parking department.

For future reference, you may want to bookmark this site.
http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I was born and bred in Coventry. I wouldn't park my motorhome there!
:ROFLMAO:
But seriously, as has been said, ring the Council and see what they have to say but I don't think there is any parking anywhere nearby. If you want to stay at a nice campsite, the nearest one is Hollyfast Caravan Park, Wall Hill Road, Allesley, Coventry, CV5 9EL. Tel: 02476 336411
E-mail: sales@hollyfastcaravanpark.co.uk Web: www.hollyfastcaravanpark.co.uk

I used to live in Allesley, it's about a ten minute drive from the Cathedral, a non too expensive taxi ride away.
Have a good day, the Cathedral is interesting, I remember going to the consecration service with my school. Spent all my time trying to prise the pennies out of the floor!
Allan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Here is the entry from the Motorhome Friendly Parking website:

"Coventry City Council. The Council does not have dedicated parking for motorhomes and as there are height restrictions on car parks motor homes may not be able to access them. Parking Services have confirmed that they will put an item on the website advising motor home users who wish to park in the City to contact them direct to arrange a parking space. (Stated 23 October 2013)."

The promised website entry is not yet there so I would phone the Council's parking department.

For future reference, you may want to bookmark this site.
http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/
Thanks Philip, beat me to it ::bigsmile:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I can vouch for the pizza express, just past the cathedral, sit upstairs it's an amazing old building, striped back to the wooden frame work:thumb:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Check out the Park and Ride in the Memorial Park,not sure if they have a height restriction barrier.:thumb:

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
sorted!

Hi guys thanks for all the replies - the park & ride sites in Coventry all have height restriction barriers!

I have spoken to a nice chap in the parking department of the city council who has booked me into White street Coach park. Apparently this is not normally open to the public but so long as you ring the council during office hours they are happy to allocate a spot if you give them your registration number. Tel number for future reference is 024 7683 3650 or 024 7683 3671

cheers

Philip :Smile::Smile::Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi guys thanks for all the replies - the park & ride sites in Coventry all have height restriction barriers!

I have spoken to a nice chap in the parking department of the city council who has booked me into White street Coach park. Apparently this is not normally open to the public but so long as you ring the council during office hours they are happy to allocate a spot if you give them your registration number. Tel number for future reference is 024 7683 3650 or 024 7683 3671

cheers

Philip :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Great result.

Far from councils doing anything to discourage motorhomes, I've found from my contacts with them that most which do not have facilities available all the time will respond in a similar fashion when contacted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back