Bat to Bat Charger Autoquest Connections (1 Viewer)

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Morning all has anybody fitted a battery master to a Autoquest 130. I only have a 100w panel fitted to roof down to leisure battery. So I thought I would connect battery master under seat rear of leisure battery.

All seem to be ok but this week went to start van and engine battery was flat, I suppose the obvious thought is current in against current out but I only have an alarm running.

Can anyone confirm the best place and colours I should be looking for on the Autoquest:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I fitted a CAK Tanks Battery Charge Manager to our previous Autoquest and it worked OK. I connected it to both terminals of the leisure battery and the positive of the starter battery. We only had a stand-alone solar panel with that van (which was fine when we were away in summer) so I used to plug into the mains in winter to top up both batteries.

We had an 80W solar panel fitted to our Burstner and as it is connected through the Elektroblock it charges both batteries. It does the job brilliantly in the sunnier months but I plug into the mains every few weeks in winter to make sure the starter battery is kept topped up.

Because of the location of our house and garage and our neighbour's house, the amount of sunlight on the panel where the van is parked on the drive is sufficient to keep the leisure battery topped up in winter but not enough to support the starter battery as well.

If your Battery Master is properly connected I would suggest that it is low sunlight level that is the cause of the starter battery being run down by the alarm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Morning all has anybody fitted a battery master to a Autoquest 130. I only have a 100w panel fitted to roof down to leisure battery. So I thought I would connect battery master under seat rear of leisure battery.

All seem to be ok but this week went to start van and engine battery was flat, I suppose the obvious thought is current in against current out but I only have an alarm running.

Can anyone confirm the best place and colours I should be looking for on the Autoquest:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I fit quick disconnects to the battery negative terminals. That stops any sly alarms or other electronics wasting my batteries when parked.

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
thanks for the replies, interesting this morning battery master showing green but went to start van and battery flat.

Does anyone know where the split charge relay is, it may be easier to confirm connections there rather than at the back of the fuse box

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back