Corner steady useage - recommendations. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
Our old Kon-Tiki had wind down corner steadies fitted at the rear and they worked well, nice stable platform.
However, our new MH doesn't have these fitted and we tend to get a bit of 'rock n roll' when parked up, especially when SWMBO gets up at night or the wind blows hard.
I had a look and I don't really want to fit wind down steadies, but I have seen the wind up ones, much like axle stands but lighter which are wind up and down(able). I have seen these on the likes of ebay in fours, however 2 would meet our needs.

Anyone use these? Recommended? or not?

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We looked at them when we had the Autoquest but they didn't extend to a sufficient height so we didn't buy. On some vans they may be awkward to position as well.

Having said that, we have spoken to a number of people who found them useful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We bought 4 fiamma light weight aluminium axle stands off another funster and they work a treat. :thumb:

regards Bill

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Ours are wind down and came fitted as new. We have never used them while away, even with a 7ft overhang, the van is very stable.
Allan

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We hardly ever use ours either, only thing is when left wound up, the flaps flap against the underside making a noise, keeps me awake in the wind have had to tape them up to stop the noise.
Like being in a boat sometimes, when it's very windy we will use them.
Only trouble is on some aires, you cannot use them because then you are considered to be camping and not just parked, weird.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We bought 4 fiamma light weight aluminium axle stands off another funster and they work a treat. :thumb:

regards Bill

I have these, 1 behind each front wheel on the jack up points and the other 2 at the back under either end of the bar which has the tow bar on it. Works well with no rocking.

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
Had a set of 4 of the Fiamma plastic jacks on our last van. Used two at front and two at rear and kept the van steady when moving around and in wind.
About ÂŁ28 for set of 4 I think

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
my van has wind down steadies and i have a set of those axle stand type ones too as the wind down ones on the van swing down then wind out but sometimes there isn't enough clearance for them to fully drop so i stick the axle stand type under the tow bar and front jack points.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back