LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Noticed my neighbour had it when I "repaired" his laptop a couple of weeks ago. He tells me PC World will have it ready for him before Christmas! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway I downloaded the prog onto my pc recently in an attempt to collate all my email addresses, old and current, spent an hour or more inputting all the data and I 've just repeated the exercise today as I was only getting my main webmail. Seems to work now but realise I have to switch ID's within the programme to get the other mail and to get most of the additional benefits have to upgrade at a cost. Anyone use it or are there other mail progs to gather multi webmail addresses?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I use incredimail, sorry I don't quite understand. You can download from several email addys without switching users by going to Tools and email accs and adding all the email addresses there. I download from a gmail and my normal email address and one other without switching users. Is this what you meant ? :Smile:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I use incredimail, sorry I don't quite understand. You can download from several email addys without switching users by going to Tools and email accs and adding all the email addresses there. I download from a gmail and my normal email address and one other without switching users. Is this what you meant ? :Smile:

Sort of, am I right in thinking you have to switch between your email accounts within the programme i.e click on the top (ish) left hand corner where your default email address is shown and switch between the accounts you have previously entered. That is, it can't show multi accounts at once?

Think I've just answered my own question, tis becoming clearer by the minute. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've looked at Incredimail in the past and rejected it. A friend used to use it and all his messages were infested with adverts.

We've used Eudora for years. Currently using Eudora 7.1 for Windows - not the latest version but works fine on all versions of Windows I've used (including 8).

I have 4 e-mail addresses for various uses. I set up four "Personalities", one for each. When I first open Eudora I have to input the four separate passwords but it then accesses each account and brings all messages into the In Box (unless I've set up filter rules to divert them to other boxes).

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Sort of, am I right in thinking you have to switch between your email accounts within the programme i.e click on the top (ish) left hand corner where your default email address is shown and switch between the accounts you have previously entered. That is, it can't show multi accounts at once?

Think I've just answered my own question, tis becoming clearer by the minute. :Smile:
It automactically checks the email addys one after the other and after all 3 are checked and any emails from all 3 accounts are download
There is one advert at the bottom of my email for incredimail no more.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I can just imagine the scene PC World counter "hello can you look at my laptop I had my mate Rolf Harris have a go with it but he could not sort it out":ROFLMAO:

They told Garry Glitter his would by ready by Christmas:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
...or are there other mail progs to gather multi webmail addresses?
Most of them, I would have thought. I don't think I have ever used an email program that didn't.

Web based mail systems, where you aren't really using an email program at all, just accessing a particular mail provider's server over the web, will usually only deal with one address at a time, although some do now allow you to consolidate. I don't generally use them, except in emergencies, so I'm not too sure which ones offer what facilities.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my main email client & it currently monitors 20 different accounts, including some that are more usually web based, like hotmail addresses. It also has a variety of outgoing servers set so that I can send emails over most connections that I'm likely to find myself on. These are usually the ones that require most research to get the right settings for - anyone would think some people didn't want you to send emails over their systems!

I admit I'm old-fashioned, but I still use POP3 mail (don't worry if that doesn't mean anything). That way, I get to control what I keep & I'm responsible for my own data security. In short, it means that I keep the emails on my own system rather than relying on Google, Microsoft, my ISP or some other mail hosting company to do my long term storage.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I used it years ago when I used windows, the paid for version had less adverts, not sure if the later versions are the same, but it was good, worked fine and gave you loads of fun stuff to play with.
I use Macs now.
Allan

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I use Mozilla Thunderbird
Forgot to say - happy to share hints & tips if you (or anyone) want to go down this route.

It's one of the better (free) email programs about, but not everybody likes or needs the same things.

I like it because:
It handles multiple accounts well
Much easier to set up than Outlook (especially for multiple accounts)
Concentrates on being a good email program without trying to do a whole load of other things (& then failing to do any of them well)
Has an inbuilt Junk filter
Easy to set up filter rules
Easy to inspect email content without actually opening the email - useful for suspicious looking stuff
Handles most types of email systems
It's free!

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
Forgot to say - happy to share hints & tips if you (or anyone) want to go down this route.

It's one of the better (free) email programs about, but not everybody likes or needs the same things.

I like it because:
It handles multiple accounts well
Much easier to set up than Outlook (especially for multiple accounts)
Concentrates on being a good email program without trying to do a whole load of other things (& then failing to do any of them well)
Has an inbuilt Junk filter
Easy to set up filter rules
Easy to inspect email content without actually opening the email - useful for suspicious looking stuff
Handles most types of email systems
It's free!
like The Caller i also use Thunderbird
i found it very easy to setup under windows and now linux mint :thumb:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
When I looked at Graham's Eudora Firefox pointed me to Thunderbird so may look at that too but thanks for the replies. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back