Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again :thumb: we are on our way, back to Morocco, someone has to do it :winky:.

We are sailing from Portsmouth to Santander in the morning, should sail across to Tangier Med Friday/Saturday, all being well.

First stop Moulay Bousselham, then Marrakech, Agadir and Sidi Ifni, we hope to go further south this trip, we shall see, anything can happen.

Updates and photo's will follow.

Sue :Tongue1: & Dave :Cool:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Safe trip.. Thanks on past advise and as you can see we are all now hooked and will be following you in Jan 2014..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Have a safe trip south, we may see you down there, not sure if going via Portugal or doing Portugal on the way back.

Enjoy yourselves.

Nigel and Pamala

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Hi we are in Portugal ,heading to Morocco mid Dec .. Hopefully down o Agadir first Time so bit apprehensive lol...

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Have a good trip down, might see you in Sidi Ifni if you are around....:thumb:

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Hi we are in Portugal ,heading to Morocco mid Dec .. Hopefully down o Agadir first Time so bit apprehensive lol...

Hi Alan & Val

We felt the same last year :Mellow:, and here we go again. :thumb:

We are only stopping off in Agadir for fuel and supplies at the Metro (cash and carry) then we are heading for camping Solymar in Sidi Ifni where we will probably stay over Christmas.

Hope to see you somewhere out there.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I reckon every man and his dog is going to be there if those who have posted on the thread are to be believed :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Last edited:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Would love to meet up, when are you planning on getting there ?

I am sure like yourselves we have no ‘set’ plans. We have loads of ideas though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Would like to park up at Legzira before Sidni Ifni, if we go further south to the desert Camping Complex Fort Bou, apparently it is in the middle of nowhere....

Will stay in contact via the forum and look forward to meeting at some point – you must both be so excited to be starting your trip tomorrow!

Andrew and Carol :thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
:thumb: hi Sue and Dave we met you last year,its John and Vera have a safe trip down we will be coming over on the 20 December and will make a slow drive down so hope to see you some time :RollEyes:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again :thumb: we are on our way, back to Morocco, someone has to do it :winky:.

We are sailing from Portsmouth to Santander in the morning, should sail across to Tangier Med Friday/Saturday, all being well.

First stop Moulay Bousselham, then Marrakech, Agadir and Sidi Ifni, we hope to go further south this trip, we shall see, anything can happen.

Updates and photo's will follow.

You must be on the same ferry as me at the moment, very quiet on here half empty.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

They are on the same ferry as me met them last might, have a safe trip down.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We're planning a return to Morocco from late Jan/early Feb to the Anti Atlas and down south, which we missed out on our 'grand circuit' at the beginning of this year. Fort Bou sounds intriguing. Does anyone have info on the roads from Sidi Ifni or Guelmin? On googlemap there doesn't seem to be much marked away from the N12. Is the P1901 sealed? :Smile::Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
In Morocco

We are now in Moulay Bousselham, arrived aroud 1pm, It started raining on the ferry across, and hasn't stopped much, it's mainly "that fine rain that's wets you through":RollEyes: it's supposed to be better on Sunday.

Just to let everyone know, you cannot park overnight on the Lidl car park anymore, the police move you on as soon as Lidl closes, but there is a large car park 2 mins away behind Mercadona, if you get your tickets from Carlos they will direct you.

The ferry prices are the same as last year 200euro's plus 20 if you are towing.

The Ferry terminal improvements at Algeciras are nearly complete, and the same applies to Tangier Med.

The exchange rate at the port today was £1 = 12.94 dh, Carlos had 1 euro = 10.50 dh and at the port it was 1 euro = 10.90 dh

We have some friends that visited Fort Bou last year and they were very disappointed, but everyone is different.

Will keep you posted,

Sue :Tongue1:& Dave :Cool:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sue, Dave..

Can you confirm if some new currency notes have been introduced... I recall reading something about it recently....

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
spend spend spend

Sue, Dave..

Can you confirm if some new currency notes have been introduced... I recall reading something about it recently....

We can't remember what there was last year :RollEyes:

1. Because my memory is not what it used to be :Wacko:

2. What we had we spent :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, we can't remember, this year we have 200.100.50 & 20 in notes. will let you know of any more we come across.

It's still raining :Sad:

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Sidi Ifni

It stopped raining on Sunday and we have not seen a drop (rain that is) since.:Blush:

We are now in Sidi Ifni,arrived here at a very quiet Camping Solymar around 4.30 this afternoon. :whatthe:

It looks like the new campsite next door is almost ready for opening.

Not had time to explore yet, :Wacko:photo's and more updates to follow.

Still quite warm 14.7c not bad for 9.30 pm in November :RollEyes:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Sue, Dave..

I thought I had worked it out just right last year. After filling up with diesel on route for the return ferry I had 3Dh left - yes, THREE Dirhams! :thumb:
Then I realised I had one more toll booth to go through on the motorway! Feck! :Eeek:
Fortunately the last toll on the motorway takes credit cards - apparently the only one in Morocco to do so :thumb:
So I've got no notes From last trip Steve, I'll just have to get all new ones when I get there. :Smile:

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Help please with Quad Insurance

Good Morning one & all from a VERY WINDY :Eeek: (but warm) Sidi Ifni.
We STILL haven't managed to get insurance for the quad :cry:, as some of you know we couldn't get any in the UK :Sad:. The insurance at Tangier Med said they did not insure Quads, and advised us to go to an insurance broker in a town or city. We went to the insurance here in Sidi Ifni, everything was going fine :thumb: yes no problem he said 1417 DH for 6 months (that's the minimum they do) not bad we thought, he then rang another office and they said we needed to register the Quad at the "Centre D'Immatriculation Des Voitures" in Tiznit:whatthe:. As no one has ever mentioned having this before,(having to "register"the vehicle before you can get insurance), we don't want to trail there & back 140km if it's not needed, can anyone please help?:Confused:

Thanks Dave :Cool: & Sue :Tongue1:

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008

Good Morning , Happy New Year :Doh: (late I know)
Well that's Christmas and the new year celebrations over with. :cry:
We are now "wild camping" in Taghazoute, we left Sidi Ifni 2nd Jan, I think they were glad to get rid of us, because everyone came out waving us off and taking pictures, we will miss everyone there, :crying: I have never had so many e-mail addresses, even the French, thank you google translate.:Smile:
It is brilliant for us here, we pay 20dh (1.50) per night and are watched over by several guardians, (an English man who has been coming here for years, said you don't have to pay as it is FREE land! but what's £1.50 a night ?) we prefer to pay. :Smile:. Hamid, a very nice man brings warm fresh bread to your door every morning, (he has just been) and he will "get you anything you need. The fresh water wagon has arrived, it comes on here 2/3 times a day, also delivered to your door are eggs, strawberries, oranges, grapefruit, nuts, gas, as well as clothes jewellery, mats, you name it they bring it, oh and did I mention we have a sea view thrown in ::bigsmile:
Pictures of Christmas Eve/Day at Sidi ifni, with our French neighbours & friends, and our English friends, and also a walk on the beach at Christmas and the sunset here in Taghazoute.
More photo's when we have taken them :RollEyes:
Happy Days :roflmto: (everyday) Sue & Dave
Bad Signal :Eeek:, the photo's will have to follow :Blush:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Morning and happy new year...
You have been quiet on here, must be enjoying it all to much..

The Tonka camp are on final packing day and leave UK tomorrow,,:thumb:
Be there soon.. Cant wait... ::bigsmile:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Good Morning , Happy New Year :Doh: (late I know)
Well that's Christmas and the new year celebrations over with. :cry:
We are now "wild camping" in Taghazoute, we left Sidi Ifni 2nd Jan, I think they were glad to get rid of us, because everyone came out waving us off and taking pictures, we will miss everyone there, :crying: I have never had so many e-mail addresses, even the French, thank you google translate.:Smile:
It is brilliant for us here, we pay 20dh (1.50) per night and are watched over by several guardians, (an English man who has been coming here for years, said you don't have to pay as it is FREE land! but what's £1.50 a night ?) we prefer to pay. :Smile:. Hamid, a very nice man brings warm fresh bread to your door every morning, (he has just been) and he will "get you anything you need. The fresh water wagon has arrived, it comes on here 2/3 times a day, also delivered to your door are eggs, strawberries, oranges, grapefruit, nuts, gas, as well as clothes jewellery, mats, you name it they bring it, oh and did I mention we have a sea view thrown in ::bigsmile:
Pictures of Christmas Eve/Day at Sidi ifni, with our French neighbours & friends, and our English friends, and also a walk on the beach at Christmas and the sunset here in Taghazoute.
More photo's when we have taken them :RollEyes:
Happy Days :roflmto: (everyday) Sue & Dave
Bad Signal :Eeek:, the photo's will have to follow :Blush:

20dh a night?
We were paying 25dh a week last year! There were some Brits who got dead stroppy with us last year because we were paying anything. Wonder if it's the same couple?
You've done well to get a sea view. There were a couple of French blokes almost coming to blows to get our spot when we left last year.
Can't wait to return.

OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Some photo's

some photo's for you

Christmas in Sidi Ifni

Attachments

• DSCN0459.jpg
    DSCN0459.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0468.jpg
    DSCN0468.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0469.jpg
    DSCN0469.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0472.jpg
    DSCN0472.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0474.jpg
    DSCN0474.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
more photo's

Still in Sidi Ifni

Attachments

• DSCN0479.jpg
    DSCN0479.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0477.jpg
    DSCN0477.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0464.jpg
    DSCN0464.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0513.jpg
    DSCN0513.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0515.jpg
    DSCN0515.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
more photo's

now in taghazoute

Attachments

• DSCN0524.jpg
    DSCN0524.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0518.jpg
    DSCN0518.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0526.jpg
    DSCN0526.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0522.jpg
    DSCN0522.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0520.jpg
    DSCN0520.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
more photo's

Still Tagazhoute

Attachments

• SAM_2152.jpg
    SAM_2152.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 48
  • SAM_2151.jpg
    SAM_2151.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 42
  • SAM_2146.jpg
    SAM_2146.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 51
  • SAM_2137.jpg
    SAM_2137.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_2153.jpg
    SAM_2153.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
On our way to Spain

We set off for tangier Med yesterday, as the weather forecast didn't look too good we thought we might as well head for Spain a few days early. We have had an eventful time so far :Sad:

We pulled into the first services when we got on the motorway at El Jadida, which was a very good decision on Dave's behalf, due to the fact that the A frame was detaching from the trailer :cry: .We don't know how long it had been like that but it was that bad that a few miles more and we might have been trailer less. We spoke (via hands) to the man in the shop who rang a mechanic, who arrived within 20 mins, by this time it was raining very hard AGAIN. :Angry: As we have an Arc welder with us (who hasn't) he was able to use that, once he had got a "made up" extension lead and some smaller welding rods. The poor bloke was wet through, David did give him his surf board to lay on, but I think the water was deeper than that. A couple of hours later and the job was done. The welder and his mate left (SMILING) with 600dh a bottle of vodka and 2 litres of white wine, they will probably be off work for a week with the FLU or very bad hang overs.
We set off around 8am this morning and stopped to check the trailer after an hour or so, and David says they have done a very good job. Happy Days.
We are hoping to sail across to Algeciras later today, if this strong wing has died down, spend a few days around Gibraltar before heading up the Med coast.
Nice meeting the funsters that arrived at Taghazoute, enjoy the rest of your trip. Hope it has stopped raining there it is brilliant sunshine here now, still windy though.:whatthe:
Safe travels Sue :Tongue1: & Dave :Cool:
Ps Thanks for our last night, it was really good x x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back