CCTV (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, I have been thinking of setting up a couple of cameras to record on the outside of the house and where our vehicles are parked. I can mount the cameras indoors due to where the windows are. I would like a system that is wireless, easy to set up and install, activated by movement and can send images to a smart phone, tablet , pc etc probably through my router. There seems to be a lot of systems out there but I'm just confused by it all. Anyone have a system like this or can recommend one.:thumb:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi
I have exactly that from 2 wireless edimax ip cameras.
I get an email with a picture as soon as they see movement.. They record it and I can view it live (and listen)
The cost is really only the wireless ip cameras..
I would suggest getting an IR floodlight too (12v.. Very small.. Unless you want to pay more)
Cameras can be mounted inside windows.. IR flood.. Outside ideally

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone have a system like this or can recommend one.:thumb:

This is our Cat-Cam. We can see how the cats are getting on ( with an auto cat feeder ) wherever we can get an internet connection. It does have motion detect but I've not used it.

Link Removed

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
I have exactly that from 2 wireless edimax ip cameras.
I get an email with a picture as soon as they see movement.. They record it and I can view it live (and listen)
The cost is really only the wireless ip cameras..
I would suggest getting an IR floodlight too (12v.. Very small.. Unless you want to pay more)
Cameras can be mounted inside windows.. IR flood.. Outside ideally

Many thanks. Do you have a link to where I can get the ones you use?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Is that £201 :Eeek::Eeek:You can get a decent 4 camera 24/7 hard-wired recording system for a lot less - will also let you watch/hear on moile phone -- Only problem with motion detect systems is by the time they detect and turn on, the person has moved to either next camera or out of sight :winky: Been there and got tee shirt ::bigsmile: fine if the person stays in camera vision but useless if they move around the side or back :winky: only takes a second or two to activate and turn recoder on but you try walking and see if it captures you or your rear ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Is that £201 :Eeek::Eeek:You can get a decent 4 camera 24/7 hard-wired recording system for a lot less - will also let you watch/hear on moile phone -- Only problem with motion detect systems is by the time they detect and turn on, the person has moved to either next camera or out of sight :winky: Been there and got tee shirt ::bigsmile: fine if the person stays in camera vision but useless if they move around the side or back :winky: only takes a second or two to activate and turn recoder on but you try walking and see if it captures you or your rear ::bigsmile:
terry

Fully agree, hard wired is the best option but consider hiding the cameras inside what looks like a bird box, drain pipes or other items usually found outside the property, easy to make then whoever goes into the picture does not realise.
We sold our last house and we thought we would have to leave our camera system with the property but the people who came ( 19 times to view ) never saw them so they came with us and are now up and used. They are 5+ years old and still give good service.
Maplins have a good variety and you can talk to sales staff to get their knowledge without actually buying from them although we thought their system was right for us but we went a few times before we decided. There are some cheap units on ebay but you cannot beat going back to the same shop and buying extra cameras and bits which are all compatable with the system you buy.
Harry

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
terry

Terry
You're incorrect.. I can't speak for all cameras but this camera most certainly takes pics of movement.. Its always on and frame grabs.. In fact it even sends me pics of birds flying by.
It can save the movement as video...
It can be viewed from your mobile or a Internet browser. It instantly sends a captured image to you'd email address (or to a webserver)
You can move it yourself remotely. Set zones for watching.. Etc
Works very well and the only thing this camera, lacks imho is the facility to zoom remotely.. But the images it sends are clear enough.
Sound capture is also very good
Steve

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry
You're incorrect.. I can't speak for all cameras but this camera most certainly takes pics of movement.. Its always on and frame grabs.. In fact it even sends me pics of birds flying by.
It can save the movement as video...
It can be viewed from your mobile or a Internet browser. It instantly sends a captured image to you'd email address (or to a webserver)
You can move it yourself remotely. Set zones for watching.. Etc
Works very well and the only thing this camera, lacks imho is the facility to zoom remotely.. But the images it sends are clear enough.
Sound capture is also very good
Steve
I will stand being corrected :Smile: but on the ones I had it took about one second and by that time it sometimes missed or captured your back /passed -----if yours is quick enough to capture a bird flying past then thats impressive but I would think IF it does that then you should be able to captue anyone as soon as they step a foot on your property,then second step etc etc mine would miss half of anyones first few steps :Eeek: whereas this system captures everything 24/7 from the moment you come into view of camera to the moment you leave --- you can also set it to capture movment but then you are back to missing a bit ::bigsmile:also sends to phone :winky:
terry

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have recently updated my system to use the following:

http://www.ispyconnect.com/

I have 3 cameras conneted, each one has a seperate movement detector area that can be changed by the end user. It stores the video clips locally on your PC, What I then did was to arrange that the foler on the hard drive was syncd to my google drive so that a copy is. alwasys stored remotely, and I can view.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_yueOtvnnc"]iSpy- Free Camera Security Software - YouTube[/ame]

I also use a free version of Sighthound, a one camera freebie, thats good also and you can define what you wish to watch.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHGqTWYhAOo"]Introduction to Sighthound - YouTube[/ame]

The Free ispy, also has facial recognition as a free download and the ability to add your own extras.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks.....At first glance that looks like a good bit of kit. What dors it cost and how straightforward is install and set up. I dont have any cams so it would be a start from scratch install.

Having to think of a new deterrent for when the dog becomes too old to patrol the area as he does now impeccably. He still has a few years in him yet but your systems remote and storage facility looks good.:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Buttons
Ispy was easier than previous versions, it took me say 20 mins to set up three cameras.
What I have done is bought three IP cameras, two internal and one external, I then use the electricity cables within the house to connect all together, using a Powerline. Yes expensive, but can be used and reused easily, no need to hard wire.
So basically if you have a main socket, you can have a camera. I currently use Loftek, two of which I can pan remotely.
As I say, it may not be the cheapest option, but it works for me..

See below (similar to mine)

Link Removed

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back