Unknown drop down panel in Cheyenne 840 SE (1 Viewer)

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone tell me what this panel is for, I saw it yesterday for the first time, undid the locks and guess what was underneath, another panel??
It's hinged at the bottom and wont drop down completely because it fouls the seat opposite, possibly something to do with making up the bed(s) in the front (which we haven't done yet). Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Cal

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 118

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Don't have a Cheyenne but my van has a similar drop-down panel with another panel behind it. Inner panel lifts up and is supported by outer panel to give a horizontal surface. Supposed to be part of the lounge double bed conversion - but I use it as a coffee table. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't have a Cheyenne but my van has a similar drop-down panel with another panel behind it. Inner panel lifts up and is supported by outer panel to give a horizontal surface. Supposed to be part of the lounge double bed conversion - but I use it as a coffee table. ::bigsmile:
Thanks for your response but I don't think the inner panel moves at all, it is the end panel for the L shaped seating, why this should be hinged at the bottom allowing it to ONLY lay flat on the floor if there was room I have no idea. It obviously does have a use because they wouldn't go to the time, trouble and expense of fitting it otherwise.
Once again thank you.
Regards
Cal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it could be that seat unit is used in a different model and could be an access panel to under seat storage after removal of part of the inner part.

just guessing.

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If it's the same as our Chieftain the panel pulls out and than fixes back to the seat and it holds my rum and cokes dar dar, we found it a few days after we bought the van it's great for holding your drinks whilst watching telly::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
If it's the same as our Chieftain the panel pulls out and than fixes back to the seat and it holds my rum and cokes dar dar, we found it a few days after we bought the van it's great for holding your drinks whilst watching telly::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Not quite sure what you mean, my panel appears to be hinged with the inner one, best take a closer look tomorrow methinks.
Thanks for your help.
Cal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It works like this unlock the catches let panel lean out lift up the wooden shelf and lift up the edge of your cushion and drop the shelf onto the edge of the under seat the wooden lip hooks onto the edge of the seat than you have the drinks table.::bigsmile:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Well on my motor.......

My Scout has a panel like that on each end of the two dinette seats.

As far as I'm aware they are extensions for when the seat is made up into a double bed.

As previous posters have said, the main outer panel that is hinged at the bottom swings out (mine has web straps to stop it going too far) and the inner panel that is hinged at the top swings up and rests on the slight ledge on the outer panel, making a horizontal platform that cushions rest on when the dinette is made into a double bed.

.......or you could just use them as drinks rests!!

Simon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
It's Autotrails attempt to give you a choice of night time setups. If you have the original documentation there should be a jigsaw guide on how to configure panels and cushions.

never used ours

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back